Discovery Advisor - (Technical Financial Consultant)
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Posted on: February 23, 2021
US-TX-AustinReq No. 2Category ProfessionalType Full-Time
We are seeking a talented Technical Financial Consultant to be
responsible for identifying the tasks and techniques used to work
as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand business
process, structure, policies, and operations of the organization
with the goal of helping deliver new and enhanced processes,
products, and services. The person in this role will be formulating
recommendations that enable the client FI to achieve its goals.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Understand and document client FI business requirements and
- Coordinate client FI projects and deliver proper
- Build strong internal and external partnerships.
- Proactively pursues development opportunities and show expected
progress on learning plan.
- Conduct resource management to include forecasting demand and
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Computer Information
Systems plus 1-2 years project management experience, or equivalent
training and/or experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Professional and Internet
- Experience with financial systems and applications.
- Experience with an enterprise project management tool or
- Knowledge of finance and credit and/or debit card systems is
- Proficient in the following: elicitation, requirements
management, enterprise analysis, requirements analysis, and
solution assessment and validation.
- Understanding of use cases, process maps, data flow diagrams;
ability to assist in the creation and documentation of those
- Understanding of unit testing, integration testing, and
- Proficiency with graphical user interface and design
- Fundamental understanding of project management methodologies
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Proficiency in research and analysis, project planning and
implementation. Understanding and awareness of business processes
and issues as they impact overall project plans.
- Ability to express and document basic to moderate business
processes and requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with
technical staff, non-technical staff, and end-users for
requirements gathering, assessment, testing, training, and outcome
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional project team
- Fundamental understanding of concepts of project planning and
project management techniques to facilitate small projects and/or
- Ability to coordinate the execution of projects with 1-3
service delivery areas.
- Expert knowledge of one or more areas of credit and debit card
management, infrastructure and associated products and or
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Des Moines , Discovery Advisor - (Technical Financial Consultant), Accounting, Auditing , Clive, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!