Director Financial Clearance
Company: UnityPoint Health
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Director Financial Clearance in Des Moines, Iowa - Careers at
Des Moines Billing Office Skip Branding Patients Locations Services
Careers Pay My Bill More MyUnityPoint
- Contact Us
- About Us
- General Information
- Cedar Rapids
- Des Moines
- Fort Dodge
- Quad Cities
- Sioux City
- Waterloo The way we make people feel matters more than anything
else.You are not a diagnosis, our ten o'clock appointment, or a
label on a bill. Just a wonderfully important person with a name,
with a need and with feelings.
- Government Affairs
- For Vendors Copyright -- 2020 UnityPoint Health. All Rights
Reserved. -- --- trademarks of UnityPoint Health. - Web Development
byBlue Compass Director Financial Clearance in Des Moines, Iowa -
Careers at Des Moines Billing Office Skip to Main Content Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Director Financial Clearance Requisition ID
2021-86106 Category Leadership - Non-Nursing Location US-IA-Des
Moines Address 6200 Thornton Ave Affiliate 9010 Administration City
Des Moines Department Health Information Management State IA FTE
1.0 FLSA Exempt Scheduled Hours/Shift Days Work Type (Portal
Searching) Full Time Benefits Overview This position may sit out of
any of our UnityPoint regions. The Director , Financial Clearance--
is responsible for-- guiding operational processes within-- the
departments of Central Financial Clearance and Patient Financial--
Counseling . This includes but is not limited to the functions of--
pre-registration, pre-authorization and authorization verification,
notice of admission, marketplace enrollment, and patient financial
assistance for hospital services . This position is responsible for
ensuring that key performance indicators-- for-- patient financial
clearance --(both centralized and decentralized) are consistently
developed, measured and achieved. Responsibilities Leadership
- Oversight of-- Central Financial Clearance --functions ( e.g.
pre-registration of patients ,-- authorization and verification of
authorization ,-- notice of admission) and Patient Financial--
Counseling --functions ( e.g. --marketplace enrollment, Medicaid
enrollment and-- financial assistance --enrollment) --to ensure
daily operations are maintained according to-- system defined
- Provides leadership in achieving organizational and
departmental goals through planning, organizing, implementing and
monitoring process in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures-- assigned-- authorization and patient financial
assistance --functions are-- performed-- in-- compliance of federal
and state guidelines.
- Responsible for m onitor ing --and --recommend --adjust ments
to --department-- staffing-- practices-- to ensure compliance
with-- benchmarking requirements and budgetary guidelines.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal s for assigned team
- Evaluates and recommends improvements to system policies and
applicable job descriptions where needed.
- Investigates budget variance and initiates corrective actions
- Leads team by motivating, mentoring, coaching and providing
guidance to deliver high quality, cost effective services.
Facilitates the ongoing learning, well-being, professional
satisfaction and development of staff through training, work
assignments, increased responsibility, and mentoring.
- Provides-- guidance --to-- Manager of Central Finan cial
Clearance and-- Regional-- Manager , Marketplace Exchange --to
ensure effective, efficient operations, optimiz ation of--
performance and continually improving quality in a vastly changing
health care environment .
- Presents data, strategies, and progress towards goals in
various governance management forums.
- Maintain regular and consistent communication with Executive
Director , Patient Access ,-- UnityPoint Clinic Referral Centers,--
Revenue Integrity leaders and Regional Financial Executive (VP of
Finance or CFO) as applicable. Process Improvement
- Implement-- Financial Clearance/Patient Financial-- Counseling
--process improvement initiatives-- regionally-- as needed to
improve workflows and to achieve departmental, hospital and
- Lead system wide efforts in-- policy development and
standardization of workflows.
- Share concerns with and/or escalate team issues to the
Executive Director of Patient Access, as appropriate
- Develop additional --metrics and benchmarks-- t o support
quality assurance and other Patient Access functions. Focus on call
center best practice for benchmarking.
- Recommends appropriate orientation and ongoing education to
promote optimum associate performance --within assigned departments
- Execute on identified operational changes in support of
strategic initiatives for the Patient Access Division.
- Bachelor's Degree, in lieu of degree, additional 3 years of
work experience is acceptable.
- Master's Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- 10+ years of healthcare experience in Business, Finance and/or
Revenue Cycle in acute care hospital or related organization with
increased leadership responsibilities.
- In addition to specific healthcare experience, 3 years of call
center leadership experience preferred.
- LEAN or Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Demonstrated progressive leadership experience
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, managed care and commercial
payor requirements related to Financial Clearance and Patient
Financial Counseling processes
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for Financial Clearance
and Patient Financial Counseling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of accreditation requirements, state and federal
regulatory and professional standards.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative, exercise independent judgment with
strong decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to travel to affiliates, varies
- Experience with Epic EHR application preferred. Options Apply
for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Loading... Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs
specifically for you!Click here to get started. Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Des Moines , Director Financial Clearance, Accounting, Auditing , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!