Billing Customer Service Representatives
Company: CommonSpirit Health
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Billing Customer Service RepresentativesMercy Medical Physician
PractiDes Moines, IowaRequisition ID 2020-128087 Employment Type
Full Time Department Physicians Billing System Hours/Pay Period 80
Shift Day Standard Hours Monday - Friday (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM) Remote
NoOverviewMercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit,
Catholic medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and
Centerville and two specialty hospitals MercyOne Childrens Hospital
in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965
beds total) along with more than 20 additional facilities that
house more than 50 primary care, pediatric, internal medicine and
specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893,
MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating
hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in
the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a medical staff of
more than 1,000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne
Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which was founded in 1998
through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity
Health two of the countrys foremost, not-for-profit Catholic health
organizations. MercyOne has more than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and
surrounding statesMercyOne provides you with the same level of care
you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and
offer benefits that complement work/life balance.We offer the
following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for
children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program.ResponsibilitiesPositions Available for our
Physician Billing OfficeWe are looking to fill positions in the
- Billing (Billing Specialists) - Remote Work Options
- Follow-up (Patient Account Rep II) - Remote Work Options
- Customer Service (Patient Account Rep II)
- Cash Posting (Patient Account Rep II)SUMMARY OF
- Maintains accounts receivable, accurately codes and posts
- Assists with insurance denials for correction and re-filing.
Appropriately corresponds with follow-up team via practice
- Appropriately uses ICD-10 and CPT-4 codes.
- Resolve routine patient billing inquiries and problems,
handling follow-up questions from customer service team, resolving
discrepancies or errors.
- Works unassigned payment queues and reports.
- Maintains functional knowledge of insurance terminology and
ensures the accuracy of registration data.
- Keeps abreast of insurance carrier rules and changes by
participating in carrier specific and MCI education
- Perform other duties as assigned.Patient Account Rep
- Responsible for reviewing accounts for correct third-party
billing as assigned.
- Contacts insurance carriers, patients, and clinics to resolve
- Updates patient registration and insurance as needed to
correctly file claims.
- Ability to process complex claim correction involving both
pending and previously adjudicated claims.
- Ability to utilize high level thinking and problem solving to
bring complex claims to resolution.
- Files claims according to insurance company guidelines.
- Participates in recognizing denial trends and provides feedback
- Maintains claim and online notesCustomer Service:
- Assists walk-in patients
- Handles patient complaints, de-escalates callers, provides
appropriate solutions within time limits, and follows up to ensure
- Identifies and assesses patients needs to achieve
- Builds trust with patients using open and interactive
- Provides accurate, valid and complete information using the
right methods and tools.
- Meets personal and customer service team targets and call
- Keeps records of patient interactions by noting accounts.
- Follows communication procedures, guidelines and policies.Cash
- Responsible for the posting of all assigned cash payments,
adjustments, and/or remark codes to the appropriate claim, service
date and/or account from all EOBs and ERAs.
- Possesses ability to comprehend complex insurance claims and
explanations of benefits in various payer formats
- Adheres to all cash posting processes and protocols
- Contacts payers to resolve issues necessary in order to
reconcile and apply payments
- Reconciles each batch to the check deposit amount
- Initiates the refund/recoup process for all credit
- Maintains ability to recognize claim denials on EOBs/ERAs and
applies information appropriately to allow for additional follow up
- Brings all variances to resolution within established
- Maintains productivity standards defined by management.
- Ability to research errors that resulted in unposted claim
- Coordinate activities for unidentified payments.
- Maintains working knowledge of multiple payer websites
- Maintains knowledge of all government and non-governmental
industry regulation changes.QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One-year experience in accounts receivable or health insurance
in a medical setting requiredPreferred Qualifications
- A minimum of one-year current experience of CPT, ICD-10, and
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC).#missioncriticalEqual
OpportunityCommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer committed toa diverse and inclusive workforce. All
qualified applicants will be considered foremployment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
genderidentity, national origin, age, disability, marital status,
parental status,ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or
any other characteristic protectedby law. For more information
about your EEO rights as an applicant,pleaseclick here.
Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
60-1.35(c).External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment
background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest
and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.If you need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process,
please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know
the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left
that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the
application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified
candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).CommonSpirit Health
participates in E-Verify.Equal OpportunityCommonSpirit Health is an
Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
Keywords: CommonSpirit Health, Des Moines , Billing Customer Service Representatives, Accounting, Auditing , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!