Vice President and Chief Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Officer
Company: Broadlawns Medical Center
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Vice President and Chief Diversity Equity, and Inclusion
Officer (VP, CDEIO) reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
In collaboration with the CEO, the VP, CDEIO develops and
implements proactive and integrative diversity, equity, and
inclusion (DEI) initiatives across employment, workplace , business
and community outreach/relationship practices. The VP, CDEIO will
work in partnership with all hospital and community leaders to
provide strategic and programmatic leadership to advance DEI
practices throughout the organization and ensure health justice in
Polk County, Iowa.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (40%) – Responsibilities include
internal and external duties
• Develop, implement, maintain and oversee the plans, programs,
policies and procedures for integrated diversity, equity, and
• Ensure organization focus on inclusive workforce, culturally
competent care, and vendor diversity with the goal of achieving a
sense of belonging among underrepresented staff.
• Lead collaborative efforts with assigned leaders to design and
implement health equity strategy, data analysis and measure
• Collaborate with internal and external groups to develop and
implement strategies that increase business and contract
opportunities with underrepresented and women owned businesses.
• Collaborate with community organizations and utilize patient
experience data to improve health outcomes for diverse patient
• Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with
underrepresented communities in Polk County.
• Responsible for community health needs assessment and county
• Direct, develop, supervise and evaluate the performance of
assigned staff. Oversee ongoing staff development to implement new
DEI initiatives within assigned areas of responsibility.
• Participate in annual development of strategic planning process
and the ongoing monitoring of the status of the strategic
• Collect, analyze, monitor and distributes data to benchmark and
promote provider and clinic accountability.
• Work with internal groups in the development and oversight of
related diversity councils.
• Diversity Executive for BMC with all the responsibilities,
authorities, and accountabilities inherent in that role.
• Deliver relevant, succinct and effective presentations at various
events, public hearings, board committees, citizen groups, and
legislative opportunities for the purpose of promoting BMC and its
• Participate as a member of committees as assigned by CEO.
• Stay abreast of and advise the CEO on issues in areas of
expertise and responsibility.
• Oversee the preparation of and present DEI agendas, materials and
presentations needed at Board of Trustee meetings and others as
• Maintain professional memberships and attends meetings to keep
abreast of DEI developments.
• Other administrative duties as assigned.
Human Resources (30%)
• Overall responsibility for and oversight and provision of
leadership/guidance to department director.
• Advise on initiatives and measurements to hiring, development,
advancement, and retention of diverse talent. Leads and assesses
progress towards diversity metrics and action plans.
• Collaborates with department leaders to develop strategic hiring
and retention efforts to attract and retain a diverse
• Leads talent acquisition efforts with a focus on long-term human
resources planning and finding appropriate candidates for
• Coordinate and develop DEI programming including employee
development programs in inclusion, cultural competence and
cultivating diverse leaders.
Employee Services (30%)
• Overall responsibility to include oversight and efficient
Generally Monday-Friday, Days
• Master's degree in organizational development, communications,
health administration, ethnic studies or related field.
• Ten years of human resources, or diversity or related
• Five years of experience leading diversity and inclusion
strategies in a large organization.
• Demonstrated success developing and implementing
• Experience in developing multidisciplinary groups/teams in
bringing them together to problem solve and improve
• Exceptional interpersonal and written communications.
January 31, 2022
Keywords: Broadlawns Medical Center, Des Moines , Vice President and Chief Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!