Company: Pharmacists Mutual
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Pharmacists Mutual has an opening for a Senior Actuary. This
role will apply analytical skills and actuarial methods to quantify
risk and financial consequences. Assists Chief Actuary with
identification of financial inefficiencies and applies
problem-solving skills to optimize the use of member resources.
- Assist Chief Actuary in identifying financial inefficiencies
and developing actuarial solutions to risk quantification
- Utilize actuarial methods to analyze financial
- Provide recommendations resulting from actuarial
- Develop outcomes which optimize member experiences.
- Train, mentor and coach others in actuarial skills and
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the
- Designs, develops, and maintains rate and pricing models to
optimize competitive advantage and support corporate
- Coordinates Catastrophe Modeling efforts including data
compilation, validation, and presentation.
- Completes data requests related to reinsurance renewal
- Maintains and updates ceded premium allocation models to
support internal financial statements.
- Develops and implements cash projection analysis.
- Coordinates Capital Modeling efforts to support Enterprise Risk
- Assists Chief Actuary with development of reserving models and
analysis of company booked reserves.
- Completes other actuarial studies as assigned.
- Ability to apply theoretical solutions to real-world
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of PhMIC products and pricing.
- Understand principles and practices of insurance
- Interpret premium algorithms and coverage nuances.
- General understanding of insurance accounting and Company
- Communicate effectively with others (oral and
- Analyze complex issues and make critical decisions.
- Maintain records, prepare reports and conduct correspondence
related to the work.
- Interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations, as well as
complex policy and contract coverage.
- Obtain and use sensitive information discreetly and
objectively, both internal and external.
- Determine when to escalate concerns to the appropriate level of
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, vocabulary and
- Work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Contribute effectively to the accomplishment of team or work
unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Work independently and demonstrate drive and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Meet definite deadlines and deal with pressure
- Collect, interpret, and input data efficiently and
- Use computer and related software effectively.
- Adhere to the relevant standards of practice and professional
conduct as promulgated by the American Academy of Actuaries and the
Casualty Actuarial Society.
Experience and Education Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related experience;
- Master's Degree and 5 years of related experience
Special Requirements, Licenses and Certificates
- One of the following industry related certifications:
ACAS(Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society) designation or
ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) credential in General
Insurance, or FCAS(Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society)
designation or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) credential
in General Insurance.
*Adherence to the Code of Professional Conduct of the Casualty
Actuarial Society (CAS) is expected even if employee is not a
member of CAS.
Keywords: Pharmacists Mutual, Des Moines , Senior Actuary, Accounting, Auditing , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!