Company: Community and Family Resources
Location: Fort Dodge
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Community and Family Resources is seeking candidates for Billing
Specialist in Fort Dodge to assist with many areas of our revenue
cycle.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file insurance claims for clients covered by
insurance and maintain records of payment from insurance and
balances due from clients on accounts, including all Medicaid/Title
XIX claims and payments.
- Prepare follow-up billings on clients with delinquent accounts
and send collection letters on accounts over 90 days past due.
- Prepare monthly client, third party, local, state, and federal
billings for appropriate services.
- Complete financial evaluations with client and certify third
party pay options.
- Assist with filing of client related materials in client
- Type: Full-time
- Hours: 40 hours each week, generally Monday-Friday,
8a-4:30pEducation and Experience Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in accounting required; Bachelor's degree in
- Experience with Managed Care Practices preferred, with 3-5
years of experience in medical billing a plus, but not
required.Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of 42CFR and HIPAA and how confidentiality
regulations apply to the agency.
- Knowledge of IDPH, CARF, and/or IDHS licensure standards.
- Proficient knowledge of insurance billing practices and
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with managed care practices preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, regularly, and fluently in
English; bilingual (English/Spanish) abilities are preferred but
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or agency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise case records and to keep
other relevant records.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs including
medical records systems, web-based time keeping systems, internet
software, spreadsheet software, and word-processing
- The staff member is regularly required to sit and talk or
- The staff member is occasionally required to stand and
- The staff member may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
- The staff member may move between agency buildings, from office
to office, to enable conferring with other staff members.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
- The staff member may be required to work at any agency building
as needed/directed and be responsible for her/his own
- The staff member may be required to work extended periods of
time at a video display terminal (VDT).
- Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or
find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled
individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's
services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or
CFR offers a comprehensive benefit package, including IPERS,
medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts,
generous paid time off (4 weeks during the first year of
employment), 9 paid holidays, 401(k), paid training, and more!
Application Process: Candidates interested in applying should
submit an application and resume. Candidates will be required to
complete a background check, drug screen, and TB test prior to
starting employment. Candidates must be vaccinated against COVID-19
or have an approved religious or medical exemption. CFR is a
nicotine free employer. Equal Opportunity Employer: Community and
Family Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employers and prohibits
unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion,
marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender
identity, sexual orientation, military status, or any other
consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required. - Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable person(s) with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Community and Family Resources, Des Moines , Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Fort Dodge, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!