Sr. Auditor - IT
Company: Fidelity & Guaranty Life
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: February 14, 2019
SummaryThe work of Internal Audit is critical to the organization and its efforts to identify and mitigate risks inherent to the Company's business. The Senior IT Auditor will perform a variety of assurance and consulting services to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over the Company's information systems; review policies and procedures to assure compliance with management's stated objectives related to information technology; and assess compliance with governmental regulations related to cybersecurity, data security, etc. The Senior IT Auditor will also advise management in effective and efficient risk management by participating in advisory and/or process improvement engagements.OrganizationThe Senior IT Auditor will report to the Chief Audit Executive. He/she will work with other members of the Internal Audit Department and have some supervisory requirements of staff and consultants when performing assigned work. Internal Audit interacts with all levels of management throughout the entire organization. Duties and Responsibilities The range of tasks to be performed may include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Performing intermediate and advanced level audits, including reviews of cybersecurity, internal applications, systems currently being developed and/or implemented, and technology infrastructure, in execution of the annual internal audit plan.
- Evaluating the effectiveness and/or reviewing the test procedures completed by the IT Auditor of internal controls over data management, application processing, physical and logical security, systems acquisition and development, system and network infrastructure, change management, computer operations, and production support.
- Collaborating with management to build and maintain ongoing business relationships.
- Communicating noted issues, risks, and impact of control deficiencies to the Chief Audit Executive and the Company's management in a clear and concise manner.
- Assessing key application configurations and privileged access throughout the IT infrastructure.
- Assessing business data and IT infrastructure for key information security and cybersecurity risks.
- Identifying opportunities for process and control enhancements and/or developing recommendations to ensure risks are adequately mitigated.
- Advising management in the enhancement of information technology policies and procedures.
- Assessing system implementations for adherence to SDLC best practices and ability to meet business and IT project objectives.
- Researching and analyzing regulatory, technical or other information, as deemed necessary.
- Complying with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Company policies and procedures.
- Identifying new rules issued by the applicable regulatory or governing body to remain current on auditing, emerging technologies, and regulatory trends.
- Complete ad hoc and other duties related to Internal Audit services, as assigned. Experience and Education The experiences and/or education requirements (or preferences) for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Information Systems, or Information Technology
- Minimum 4 years of experience in auditing, information technology, or IT risk management
- Advanced knowledge of Sarbanes/Oxley (SOX) and NAIC Model Audit Rule (MAR).
- Advanced knowledge of IT general controls and IT application controls that support financial and operational business processes.
- Knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems and Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Understanding of leading practice control frameworks (COSO, COBIT, NIST, ISO).
- Life insurance or financial services industry experience preferred.
- CPA, CISA, and/or CIA license Skills and Abilities A successful candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology concepts quickly
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Highly motivated and demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Experience with analyzing and understanding key data
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks/projects to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Word)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to create complete and accurate documentation of work performed
- Strong problem solving skills Other This position will require a limited amount of travel (i.e., 20%) within the U.S. #LIKB1
Keywords: Fidelity & Guaranty Life, Des Moines , Sr. Auditor - IT, Accounting, Auditing , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!