Associate Actuary - Annuity Product & Pricing
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: August 17, 2019
FGL Holdings-the F&G family of insurance companies-is committed
to helping Americans prepare for and live comfortably in their
retirement. Through its subsidiaries, F&G is a leading provider
of annuity and life insurance products. For nearly 60 years, we
have offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are
seeking safety, protection and income solutions to meet their
At F&G, we believe our culture is what makes our company great.
In 2018, we received a Top Workplace award, which we credit to our
employees' shared cultural values: Collaborative, Authentic,
Dynamic and Empowered. We believe that by embracing these values,
we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while being a
great place to work.
We recruit talented and committed individuals to join our team, and
we provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. We
are looking for an Associate Actuary - Annuity Product & Pricing.
This position's primary responsibility is to support the design,
development, modeling and implementation of Annuity products for
This position reports to the Annuity Pricing Actuary and has no
subordinates. There will be significant collaboration with the
Sales & Marketing, Valuation, Investment and Modeling
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the product design and modeling exercise in accordance
with established pricing guidelines and profitability targets for
all Annuity products, with a focus on fixed indexed products.
- Implement and review final pricing models.
- Evaluate and reset non-guaranteed elements of all current
retail annuity products monthly.
- Support feasibility analysis for new and innovative product
ideas. Evaluate / analyze products in a risk adjusted
- Support preparation of all annuity pricing-related product
specifications, pricing memoranda and required filing
- Assist in ensuring new and existing products are properly
supported in systems.
- Maintain knowledge of the market environment and competitor
- Create and maintain documentation of all work.
- Provide support to other business units including investments,
compliance, risk management and policyholder services, on an as
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science
or related field.
ASA and MAAA certifications.
- Experience and knowledge of modeling software as general
account product projection tool.
- Minimum of four years of related actuarial experience.
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational, computer, and
- Fixed Indexed Annuity experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
- Knowledge of general account insurance products.
- Technical knowledge of liability model platform, such as GGY
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative and displays a
high energy level.
- Team player who has the ability to function as a key member of
a small group in which members of the team work with great autonomy
and take a high degree of ownership for their areas of
- Strong problem-solving skills that include advanced analytical
and reasoning abilities. Demonstrate ability to apply actuarial
principles to complex situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Typical professional office environment
- Periods of extended sitting required
Keywords: F&G, Des Moines , Associate Actuary - Annuity Product & Pricing, Accounting, Auditing , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!