Administrative Coordinator - House of Mercy - FT
Company: Catholic Health Initiatives
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Administrative Coordinator - House of Mercy - FTLocation: DES
MOINES, IOWA, UNITED STATESNew Requisition #: 2019-R0268390Post
Date: 6 days agoPosition Type: RegularScheduled Hours per 2 week
Pay Period: 80Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > HOUSE OF
MERCYGENERAL SUMMARY : Performs a variety of administrative support
services ofmoderate to considerable complexity and diversity for
the Director andmanagement team.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Accounts Receivable: Prepares monthlyledger sheets for A/P from
claim forms; posts receivables; prepares lease rentand food
invoices; collects and posts meal assessment payments,
updatingmonthly food collection report; balances receipts and paid
outslips against petty cash drawer; prepares bank deposit and
remits receipts;serves clients by accepting deposits and payments
of fees, cashing checks,making change, signing receipts, refunding
deposits, and answering inquiries;refers special requests to the
Director; prepares complete and accurate claimsfor client services
based upon correct client information, dates ofservice, and number
of units per identified code; remits charges todesignated agencies
for reimbursement (e.g. Medicaid, Iowa Department ofHuman Services
or Public Health, City of Des Moines, etc.).
- Accounts Payable: pays all bills in atimely and qualitative
manner; maintains supportive documentation relative tovarious
payable accounts (e.g., W-9); provides oversight and assistance
toHouse of Mercy personnel with regards to business related
- Complies financial related billing andaccountability
information for select grants (e.g., HUD).
- Maintains client accountsin an accurate fashion using
bookkeeping methods to keep the accountsreconciled; balances
receipts and paid out slips against client cash drawer;summarizes
details in separate client ledgers to general ledger;
reconcilesgeneral ledger with bank report.
- Keeps records of variousfinancial information and transactions
for House of Mercy, using calculator andcomputer.
- Verifies, allocates, andposts details of business transactions
to accounts or computer spreadsheetsfrom documents, such as
invoices and receipts.
- Provides Director with administrative support asrequested and
- Assists the Director in schedulingconferences/training and
making arrangements for out-of-town travel; assists inprocessing
travel claims for reimbursement.
- Expresses information to individuals or groupseffectively (e.g.
touring and/or interfacing with volunteers, community
groups,contributors, etc.); listens and responds
- Compiles employee and financial data necessaryfor annual and
other reports (i.e. grant expenditures, restricted funds,
dailycensus, etc.) through the use of word processing,
spreadsheets, and databaseapplications.
- Assists with the compiling, copying, andpresentation of
material/information required for audits.
- Trains other office personnel as needed andrequested.
- Prepares special reports.MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
REQUIRED : High School Diploma or GED,required.
- Somepost-secondary education, preferred.
- Two (2) years work experience in business/officeoperations,
- Spreadsheet and word processing skills,required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products (e.g.,word;
- Proof of completion of MandatoryReporter abuse training
specific to population served within thirty (30) days of
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0268390
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center About UsWe are excited to share
that CHI was named as one of Americas Best Employers 2019, by
Forbes. Clickhereto learn more.Chances are, youre here because
youre looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge
and fulfillment. Were confident youll find all three at CHI. As one
of the nations largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth
of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our
faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of
building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the
operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you
work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals,
wonderful things happen. Learn MoreEqual Opportunity
EmploymentConsistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health
Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers.
Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran
status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Catholic Health Initiatives, Des Moines , Administrative Coordinator - House of Mercy - FT, Administration, Clerical , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!