Company: Advantage Credit Union
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Attention all enthusiastic and outgoing job seekers! Advantage
Credit Union in Newton is seeking a full-time receptionist. The
receptionist position is responsible for greeting our members both
in person and on the phone, ensuring that our members are treated
like they own the place, because they do! In addition to greeting
members and answering the phones, our receptionist also performs
other clerical duties including processing mail and managing our
safe deposit box system.Full details of the job can be found
below.The following are fundamental duties that an individual who
holds the position must perform. This is not an exhaustive list.
Other duties, in addition these essential job functions, will be
assigned at the discretion of the COO.
- Receive and announce visitors and guests to the credit
- Monitor lobby waiting area to ensure all visitors are being
- Answer telephone, routing calls to appropriate personnel and
- Process member telephone transactions and basic inquiries.
- Open mail and route to appropriate personnel or
- Evaluate and route incoming correspondence.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of employee extensions and
- Administration of safe deposit box services.
- Deliver mail to Post Office.
- Utilizing a Shared Calendar.
- Scheduling Appointments for Staff.
- Perform additional duties as assigned my
management.QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and
- Good human relations and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Attention to detail.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Prepare and review written documents accurately and
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning skills to solve a
- Ability to effectively use critical thinking and problem
- Ability to plan and organizeEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Basic knowledge of credit union operations and services is
required.PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORSThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Frequent sitting and lifting up to 25 lbs. Moderate
walking, standing, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and
reaching. Fingering: picking, pinching, or otherwise working with
the fingers. Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the
fingers and palm. Repetitive motion: substantial movements
(motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.Job Type:
Full-timePay: $13.89 - $20.83 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridayCOVID-19 considerations:Shields are in place at
the receptionist area.Education:
- High school or equivalent (Required)Work Location: One
Keywords: Advantage Credit Union, Des Moines , Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Newton, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!