Company: Arrow Senior Living
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title:Weekend Operations
PhilosophyArrow Senior Living Management believes that each
employee makes a significant contribution to our success in
fulfilling our mission to provide exceptional, loving and dignified
care. That contribution should not be limited by assigned
responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is
designated to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope,
but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work
identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer
his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the
success of our endeavors.Key AccountabilityTo provide excellent
customer service both internally, and externally, and assist the
Executive Director, as well as promote efficient and thorough
communications throughout the community. Duties
- Provide exceptional customer service and present a professional
demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service,
goodwill, and genuine interest in each residents needs.
- Attracts potential residents by providing a warm, friendly
atmosphere; is open to questions and the relationship-building
processes; and gathers appropriate information upon arrival.
- Creates and/or updates resident records and inputs new resident
information into appropriate information systems, including
resident services and wellness.
- Proactively addresses problems and concerns for both residents
- Answer phones for administrative and sales office in an
efficient (two rings) manner and follows up appropriately with
message taking according to company procedures.
- Transfer telephone service to cellular telephone or appropriate
extension when away from desk and maintain answering
- Assist Executive Director with day-to-day clerical office
- Maintains financial accounts by accurately recording daily
- Contributes to team efforts by communicating information
properly and thoroughly.
- Exhibit respect, professionalism, and courtesy consistently and
to reject any attempts at negative gossip.
- Create and develop a culture of open communication throughout
the community both within and between departments, employees, and
- Follow information processes as well as consistently looking
for new ideas and promoting innovation within the community.
- Management of the Communications Departments budget,
scheduling, and policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all departmental recordkeeping
- Creation of a go-to resource for all employees. This department
will have the functionality to know and understand where any and
all information is located within the building.
- Utilizing free advertising sources available such as websites,
social networking sites, and information within the Chamber of
Commerce Newsletters to expand exposure.
- Management of communications within the building, including
entering work orders and performing follow-up telephone calls to
ensure resident satisfaction.
- Monitor emergency call system and respond via set protocol, and
maintains and employs knowledge of most current emergency
procedures and manuals.
- Participate in resident orientations by explaining amenities,
routines, and expectations of the Community and your
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community, including
detailed understanding of each residents unique interests, hobbies,
history and personal preferences in order to provide exemplary
- Observe residents ability to perform daily ADLs and social
skills, communicate potential difficulties or opportunities to the
appropriate team member.
- Participate in all training offered by employer.
- Assist residents in scheduling resident transportation.
- Ensure residents who are sleeping in the front lobby/business
area are assisted in moving to their apartment, or that they are
engaged in a community event or program.
- Performs cleaning of designated areas, in accordance with
- Promptly answers emergency call system, telephone and paging
- Respond immediately to resident requests.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living (ADL)
bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating and oral care, as
listed on the residents Service Plan.
- Participates in voluntary and mandatory on-going education and
- Uses effective verbal and non-verbal communication to present
information in a positive and non-threatening way.
- Responds effectively to resident behavior. Uses supportive
communication in resident interactions including effective
communication skills with residents who have sensory deficits.
- Observes and reports resident physical and emotional condition
changes, using appropriate terminology and abbreviations.
- Applies non-sterile bandages/dressings and applies
anti-embolism stockings (TED hose).
- Demonstrates an understanding and support of Resident
- Provides basic emergency care as determined by the emergency
needs of the residents by providing basic first aid.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Requirements
- Candidate must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English at a
minimum of 8th grade proficiency.
- Be proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills, with
attention to detail.
- Able to follow written and verbal directions and apply
practical problem solving skills as needed.
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must be criminally cleared by background check.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of
performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified
by a physician not more than six (6) months prior to or seven (7)
days following employment. Must test free from pulmonary
tuberculosis at time of health screening.
- Must be able to work varying hours as needed with reliable
means of transportation.Arrow Senior Living Management, LLCApproved
Keywords: Arrow Senior Living, Des Moines , Receptionist (PRN), Administration, Clerical , Clive, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!