Company: IES Communications
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: November 10, 2019
The Administrative Assistant is the administrative person for the
department or branch. The Administrative Assistant ensures that all
administrative duties are completed in concert with the Company s
requirements, including but not limited to, safety, quality,
management and financial performance requirements. All aspects of
the assigned work must be carried out as efficiently as possible
with respect to word processing, general filing, timekeeping,
records management, correspondence, project financial records,
submission of required documents for billing, invoicing, purchasing
and general verification of records to achieve Company performance
and customer delivery goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform assigned word processing, general filing, timekeeping,
records management, correspondence and assigned project related
financial documents processing.
* Self-manage assigned workload distribution.
* Act as the department administrator for interface with customer
* Create, develop, implement and revise project process
* Able to preserve confidential information; self-sufficient
problem solver; work with little or no supervision and handle
multiple projects simultaneously.
* Manage calendars, schedule meetings and arrange travel
itineraries, management of daily office activities.
* Screen telephone calls, resolve routine and complex inquiries.
Reference verification, tracking vacation & time off requests,
maintain attendance database for Program employees.
* Prepare & maintain daily reports for purchasing manager. Verify
purchase orders for accuracy. Open and sort incoming mail
* Able to create, correct and revise complex Excel spreadsheets,
tables, charts and graphs.
* Schedule and help manage weekly and monthly meetings.
* Support document control, spot check and maintain accuracy and
delivery to our customer.
* Maintain program level dashboards, input, data acquisition,
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and
help to create, develop and implement process improvement(s).
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees,
vendors, clients and business partners.
* Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking
skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral
direction(s) to project personnel.
* Must have proven mid skill level to interpret project documents,
including but not limited to, timesheets, spreadsheets and billing
* Must be able to learn Company and customer project management
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED
* Must have some experience in customer interface, such as liaison
between the customer and the Company.
* Must possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience.
* Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a related
telecommunications or construction administrative position.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS
* Must be able to effectively operate office equipment and
computing devices commonly used in the industry.
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
* Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects
Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to identify a project,
create a project filing system, develop detailed associated
administrative tasks and manage these for project final record
keeping and audit.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and
infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including
electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for
the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy
markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As
of the end of IES s 2018 fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, IES
produced over $876.8 million in revenue and employed over 4,500
employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to
housing developments, our employees and design professionals
design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal
and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency
represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee
without first having a signed contract between that agency and the
IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES
and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. ""EEO
is the Law" poster
is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES
provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need
accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES
corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request
IES Participates in E-Verify
Keywords: IES Communications, Des Moines , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!