Manager, Financial Reporting
Company: Fidelity & Guaranty Life
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Take Ownership of a New Role Focused on Financial Reporting and
Leading a Small TeamJoin a tight-knit team and enjoy a positive
culture, flexibility, professional growth and more.If you combine
senior-level financial reporting, accounting and/or auditing
experience with strong leadership skills, a team-player approach,
initiative and the motivation to continue learning and developing,
this position offers you several compelling value propositions. You
* Join a growing team that "owns" financial reporting for FGL
Holdings and its subsidiaries, providing leadership and expertise
to the financial statement close and reporting processes.
* Play a key role on the team in a newly created position
specifically focused on statutory reporting, while your counterpart
will focus on GAAP reporting. While you will serve as our statutory
reporting expert, you will also have the opportunity to cross-train
* Lead a team. While we'd prefer someone with management
experience, if you've been a lead or supervisor, this could be your
opportunity to step up to the manager level.
* Thrive in a strong culture that is collaborative, authentic,
dynamic and empowered; every employee is important and valued.
* Enjoy flexibility. The team is project and goal oriented so if
you choose to come in later and work later, or vice versa, you will
options. As long as you're hitting your goals and deadlines, you'll
enjoy a good deal of flexibility.
* Earn a competitive salary, potential bonus, and a great benefits
package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant
surprises, like a generous allotment of paid time off, community
involvement perks, and more.
To be a good fit for the Manager, Financial Reporting opportunity,
you will have:
* A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. A CPA is
preferred, but not required.
* At least 7 years of experience in financial reporting, accounting
* Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to recruit, retain,
coach and mentor top-quality staff.
* Life insurance or financial services experience.
* Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
* Financial reporting package and web filings experience;
experience with Workiva and/or TCP is a plus.
* Experience analyzing and understanding key data and technical
Experience the power of collaborative thinking. FGL Holdings-the
F&G family of insurance companies-is committed to helping
Americans prepare for and live comfortably in their retirement.
Through its subsidiaries, F&G is a leading provider of annuity
and life insurance products. Since 1959, F&G has been the
silent, unseen enabler of the hopes and dreams of millions of
Americans. We provide annuities and life insurance for nearly
700,000 people across the United States.
Keywords: Fidelity & Guaranty Life, Des Moines , Manager, Financial Reporting, Advertising , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!