Assistant High School Principal at Carroll Community School
Company: Carroll Fire Department
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Carroll High School (9 - 12)
open until filled Description: Assistant High School Principal
1. Assumes responsibility for the implementation and observance of all Board policies and regulations by the school's staff and students.
2. Assists in the communication of the school's mission, purposes, program and problems to the students, staff central office, Board and community.
3. Assists the principal in the general administration of the senior high school.
4. Serves as principal in the absence of the principal.
5. Supervise Juvenile Court Liaison activities/duties.
6. Represents the school at various meetings and functions when the principal is otherwise engaged.
7. Provides leadership in the formulation of curriculum and other objectives for the senior high school program.
8. Assists the principal in the supervision and evaluation of personnel assigned to the senior high school according to established district policy and the Negotiated Agreement.
9. Assists in the recruitment, screening, selection and assigning of all personnel in the senior high school building.
10. Assists in the scheduling of all classes in the high school and for ensuring that all students are scheduled for classes in accordance with Board Policy.
11. Works with the faculty to develop and maintain the best learning environment possible in the school.
12. Assists in the development and maintenance of the school/community relations program in communicating the problems, goals, and accomplishments of the school.
13. Assists the principal in maintaining student discipline and attendance according to school district policies and in establishing guidelines for proper student conduct. Works with teams of staff members including counselors to ensure each student has ample opportunity, guidance, and monitoring to succeed with discipline actions and plans.
14. Implements, assists, and supervises safety, crisis intervention, fire, tornado, and emergency preparedness programs in those areas of responsibility.
15. Supervises extra-curricular and co-curricular events with the principal and athletic director.
16. Assists with 9-12 vocational education programs.
17. Supervises student/staff parking lot.
18. Coordinates the annual revision, printing, and distribution of student and activity handbooks.
19. Assists in budget development and management for areas of responsibilities.
20. Serves as the advisor to the Student Senate.
21. Assists the principal in managing the student services and activities programs, including development and proper implementation of guidelines for activity sponsors.
22. Assists in the supervision of non-certified personnel, the maintenance of the building, and preparation of special reports and forms.
23. Assists in the supervision and administration of the Fine Arts programs at Carroll High School.
24. Routinely inspects school facilities, including hallways, restrooms, classrooms and special areas.
25. Submits annually to the principal a minimum of two primary objectives for personnel evaluation.
26. Assists the principal in the development of in-service activities and staff development programs.
27. Oversees the day-to-day management of students in the building that encourages a high standard of student conduct and includes the following responsibilities:
a. Deals directly with students referred to the office for disciplinary reasons.
b. Oversees and manages the detention/suspension policies and system.
c. Communicates with parents and schedules conferences as necessary to deal with student disciplinary matters.
d. Assists in the enforcement of district attendance policies and works closely with the guidance counselor(s).
e. Is proactive in student management through presence in the building and building relationships with students.
28. Assists in the preparation of reports, records, lists, and other such paperwork required by local policy and state law as requested by the principal.
29 . Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the principal or superintendent.
1. Appropriately licensed in Iowa as a teacher.
2. Iowa Evaluator Approval
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Keywords: Carroll Fire Department, Des Moines , Assistant High School Principal at Carroll Community School, Education / Teaching , Carroll, Iowa
here to apply!