Infrastructure Support Engineer
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: September 10, 2020
Job DescriptionImportant Note: During the application process,
ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to
date and upload your current resume when submitting your
application for consideration. To participate in some selection
activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The
invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to
receive text message invitations, your profile must include a
mobile phone number designated as Personal Cell or Cellular in the
contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs
and help them succeed financially. Were looking for talented people
who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join
our diverse and inclusive team where youll feel valued and inspired
to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information
technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at
the forefront of Americas diversified financial services companies.
Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable,
secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo
global customers round-the-clock banking access through in-store,
online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a
critical role in the companys customer and employee experience,
business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
Endpoint Engineering and Mobility Services (EEMS) is the sub
organization within the larger End User & Collaboration Services
(EUCS) organization. EEMS consists of the teams responsible for
various endpoint engineering (PC desktops, mobile devices, virtual
devices, servers, etc.) support escalation, automation and
Enterprise Lifecycle. The multiple teams that represent EEMS
create, develop, and support the bank's Next generation operating
systems. We look to not only change the way both software and
hardware is managed at Wells Fargo but strive to provide our Team
Members with an exceptional Technology Experience. We engineer the
platforms, tools and the banks desktop support infrastructure to
empower our field services & help desk support organization; we
take on technical escalation support and product consultation for
all products and services coming out of EEMS; we utilize Enterprise
Lifecycle to manage and govern end points in an effort to deliver
significant value to Wells Fargo; we utilize technology to automate
manual processes and to build a framework that leads to improved
consistency, speed, and reliability; our Mobility team continues to
expand platforms on the go; and our User Experience teams look to
define, measure and manage how our Wells Fargo interacts with
technology at work.
Provides technical consultation and support associated with
operating systems, servers, and tools developed within EUCS.
Provides complex analysis of systems software and hardware
requirements to determine operating systems specifications and
customizations. May design sub systems and system integrations.
Provides the strategy and design to build a utility for systems
programming tasks required for installations, configurations,
upgrades and testing. Develops new documentation, participates in
the development of departmental technical procedures and designs
user support guides. Consults with management and recommends
process and procedure improvements. As an escalation point for
operating system support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and
direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated
issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
Leads projects, including assignment of tasks, and provides
direction and guidance to less experienced staff. Assures quality,
security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and
oversees updating and testing of the business continuation
- 5+ years of systems analysis experience
- 5+ years of systems programming experience
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the
following: Agile, Kanban, or Lean methodology
- Expert knowledge and understanding of technologies related to
- Ability to identify, report, and solution problems in new and
existing software in a team environment
- Ability to identify and correct system capacity issues
- Ability to help remediate tough technical support issues
- In-depth technical solution knowledge, including installation,
configuration, performance tuning, and problem solving
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years working experience within desktop, server & general IT
- 5+ years experience managing and supporting IIS Web servers and
MS SQL database servers
- Experience analyzing, isolating, and resolving complex
application and database issues that are impacting customers
- Experience analyzing and tuning TSQL queries, stored
procedures, and managing job scheduling.
- In person & virtual support experience with solid interpersonal
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting desktop and server
operating systems and software issues.
- Working experience troubleshooting browser issues and web based
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and quickly break down
complex technology and segregate areas for further root cause
- Experience working with VMware and/or Citrix products.
- Working knowledge of GPO and active directory.
- Extensive server support experience with focus in Microsoft IIS
& Microsoft SQL servers
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and create Powershell
scripting and/or programming experience
- Able to communicate effectively with technical peers and senior
- Experience working in an on call environment that may need
immediate response 24x7.
- Extremely responsive in a fast paced virtual team environment
where electronic communications and updates are critical.
- Strong customer service, time management and public speaking
- Comfortable taking lead in high stress and highly visible
events and conference calls.
- Available to work flexible work hours, US evening hours, on
call and as production or projects warrant
- Internal knowledge of Wells Fargo systems of record for assets
and compliance monitoring a plus
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level environment using
AGILE practices and SDLC compliant processes.
- Ability to interact effectively at varying levels of the
business and technical organizations; including management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
Street AddressIA-Des Moines: 1 HOME CAMPUS - DES MOINES, IA
MN-Saint Louis Park: 300 Highway 169 S - Saint Louis Park, MN
CA-Concord: 1755 Grant Street - Concord, CA
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NCDisclaimerAll
offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Des Moines , Infrastructure Support Engineer, Engineering , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!