Senior Security Engineer (Contract to Hire)
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Posted on: April 10, 2021
US-IA-Des MoinesReq No. 2Category ProfessionalType Temporary
We are seeking a talented Senior Security Engineer that will have a
deep technical background, substantial hands-on experience, and
passion for information security along with a desire to champion
best practices. This role is responsible for performing all
engineering functions required to support day-to-day data security
operations, including supporting and maintaining a broad suite of
information security infrastructure. This role is required to
participate in the planning, design, installation, and maintenance
of security systems in support of confidentiality, integrity, and
availability. This role is accountable for reviewing security
configurations on systems and networking infrastructure components,
providing guidance on availability and integrity, and monitoring
compliance with regulatory requirements, and security standards.
This role is instrumental in the assessment of technology risk and
in addressing security issues, coordinating and executing
remediation activities alongside technology partners across the
What You Can Look Forward to
- Design, document and deploy cyber security systems that will be
used across the environment.
- Develop and carry out information security plans and
- Provide design validation and troubleshooting for new
technology and major changes within the environment.
- Define, document and enforce standards, processes, procedures,
and workflows within the team to better streamline the group as a
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the
data residing on or transmitted to/from/through the enterprise
- Participate in defining best of class security practices for
enterprise networks providing high-volume financial services
- Participate in maintenance windows where applicable.
- Collaborate with other technology groups and technology
architects on product strategy discussions.
- Partner with the Cybersecurity Operations team to improve tool
usage and workflow in maturation of monitoring and response
- Develop or implement open-source/third-party tools to assist in
detection, prevention and analysis of security threats.
- On-call resource for Incident Response and operational
- Researches, develops, and keeps abreast of tools, techniques
and process improvements in support of cybersecurity threats and
countermeasures. Maintain working knowledge of advanced threat
detection as the industry evolves.
- Actively engages in the performance of Incident Response
activities, including but not limited to, triage, escalation,
conducting post-mortem and lessons learned review meetings, as well
as remediation tracking.
- Leverage knowledge in multiple security disciplines, such as
Windows, UNIX, Linux, data loss prevention (DLP), file integrity
monitoring (FIM), endpoint controls, databases, wireless security,
data networking and encryption, to offer solutions for a complex
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/related field or 5+ years
equivalent work experience in Cybersecurity.
- 7 or more years of IT technical experience with 5+ years'
broad-based experience in security engineering. Specialized
expertise a plus.
- Minimum, 5+ years of security engineering experience in mid to
large IT organization.
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS 3.2.
- 5+ years of experience with SIEM deployment and log
- 5+ years of hands on and progressive information security
design and implementation experience in a security engineering role
- Exceptional planning, organization, communication,
presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization, documentation, and
business analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently in addition to working closely in
a team environment.
- Experience with network, server, and appliance secure
configuration (hardening) using frameworks such as CIS, DISA, and
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IdAM)
solutions. Experience with Privileged Identity/Access Management
(PIM/PAM), a plus.
- Excellent hands-on experience with firewalls (perimeter and web
application). F5 ASM experienced preferred.
- Excellent experience and knowledge of TCP/IP protocols,
network/packet analysis and intrusion detection/prevention.
- Excellent experience and knowledge of Data Loss Prevention
- Excellent experience and knowledge of Azure security controls,
including InTune, MDM, MAM, and Autopilot.
- Advanced experience with Anti-virus/Anti-malware products, and
endpoint security control solutions, and URL filtering.
- Advanced experience with Vulnerability Management
- Advanced experience with scripting languages - PowerShell,
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess security patch and
service pack releases and their associated impact, as well as an
understanding of patch management systems.
- Experience working with a variety of security-related platforms
and services, including: SIEM systems, Threat Intelligence
platforms, Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR)
solutions, Encryption technologies, File Integrity Monitoring
(FIM), and other network and system monitoring tools.
- Experience troubleshooting security control related
technologies and solutions.
- Experience with Public Key Cryptography (PKI) and deep
understanding and knowledge of cryptography.
- Experience with NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, IS 27001, PCI-DSS and
SOC standards. FFIEC, NCUA, GLBA a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of security best practices and
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Ability to provide support in resolving IT security or related
product issues as required.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative
- The ability to interpret technical needs and provide thorough
and complete support.
- Demonstrates highly effective verbal/written communication
skills with the ability to facilitate meetings, and influence.
- Has an excellent attention to detail, highly analytical and
problem-solving mindset. Able to identify process improvement
opportunities, separate key issues, consider alternatives or
multiple solutions, and effectively make recommendations.
- Experience in managing change in a fast paced, complex
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- Preferred security-related certifications (e.g. SSCP, ISSEP,
ISSAP, CCSP, CCNP, MCSE, C-EH, OSCP, OSWE, GWEB, GPEN, CFCE,
- CISSP required.
- PMP a plus.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Des Moines , Senior Security Engineer (Contract to Hire), Engineering , Clive, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!