Posted on: January 16, 2022
Works inside or outside to install and repair equipment, and/or
services; Makes necessary connections to provide voice, data, and
video service. Duties may include but are not limited to the
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Install and rearrange inside wire
- Install Network Interface Device (NID)
- Place and replace Customer Premise Equipment (CPE)
- Place cross-connects as appropriate between SAC point and the
7330 or its equivalent
- Verify all service are working
- Educate customers on the features and functionality of the
- Demonstrates, sells, and bills appropriate items of telephone
service on contacts w/customers.
- Selects location and installs equipment with customers, including
- Performs the maintenance of the CPE equipment, wiring & jacks
inside the customer 's premise up to and including the NID
- Use simple meters to perform Go, NO-Go type testing.
- Perform work in buildings, attics, basements, and crawl
- Perform work involving bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching,
- Use company PC to retrieve and complete orders
- Works independently with little supervision
- Works outside in all types of weather
- Drives a company vehicle or may report directly to work
- Positions DIRECTV as the premier provider of choice.
- Uses and/or wears appropriate safety equipment and follows
established safety practices and procedures.
- Specific assignments may involve driving a company vehicle. These
assignments require a minimum age of 18, an acceptable driving
record and a valid driver's license.
- May require the ability to drive a vehicle with manual
transmission, depending on job assignment.
- Satisfactory attendance record and performance ratings in present
- Satisfactory results from a security investigation, as required,
unless previously met.
- Other factors which may vary based on work group requirements.
- Normal authorized medical evaluation for this job, unless
- Must wear body belt and pouch with tools weighing about 15
- Physical Abilities Evaluation (PAE) will be required. Lifting
will be required, up to 80 pounds, depending on assignment.
- Uses hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, drills and
- To meet manufacturer's safety requirements on equipment used,
candidate's body weight, plus tools and material, must not exceed
300 pounds for assignments involving ladder climbing.
- Must be able to distinguish colors in accordance with specific
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 28 feet and work aloft with
- Requires the ability to climb poles and ladders.
Hours vary depending on assignment. May be required to work day,
evening, or night shifts; overtime, call-outs, weekends and
holidays as required. On-call availability may be required. Out-
of-town assignments may be required which may include travel and
1. Classroom training.
2. On-the-job training.
Tests: DIRECTV will consider for employment qualified applicants in
a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, &
Job Posting: Oct 21, 2021, 3:34:47 PM
Job Level: Hourly Occupational
Keywords: DIRECTV, Des Moines , Installation Technician, Engineering , Urbandale, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!