IT Infrastructure Engineer
Company: Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 16, 2022
IT Infrastructure Engineer responsibilities include, but are not
limited to, the following :
- Develops, coordinates and directs the implementation of
standardized applications, technologies and processes, which
optimize the cost effectiveness and reliability of IT services and
- Serves as the primary point of contact for internal/external
customers, project sponsors, contracted vendors and/or consultants,
for escalated tickets from the IT Service Desk or dedicated changes
or projects or other specific defined tasks.
- Follows the incident, change and problem management
- Proposes process improvement where needed for both IT Service
Desk and Operations.
- Prepares and presents reports defining service metrics, project
progress, problems and solutions for executive management, as
- Ensures all systems meet required security standards.
- Is a contributor in the development of budgets.
- Provide day-to-day maintenance of data storage environments,
including provisioning LUNS, network access to storage via FC.
- Assist with capacity planning and risk management, and make
recommendations for strategic decisions.
- Perform data migrations from various storage systems.
- Ensures proper and up to date asset management and
- Provides 24x7x365 technical support of relevant infrastructure,
applications, systems and process.
- Efficiently identifies and resolves system, application or
process issues, escalates, reports and documents when needed.
- Provides (scheduled) onsite support at various operation
locations when needed.
- Serves as a technical resource for IT Service Desk.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to customers in identifying
and defining their business needs.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Meets KPI(s) on all areas of responsibility.
- Reports weekly on progress to the IT infrastructure Operations
Manager of the region and escalates if required.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
or other related degree concentration, or equivalent
directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry
experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in
- Minimum of 2 years' experience administering and supporting
VMWare virtualization solutions in an enterprise environment,
including vCenter, HA, DRS, scripting, deployment, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Server
technology and related systems including Active Directory, DFS,
DHCP, DNS, RDS, GPOs, software deployment tools and security.
- Hands on experience installing and managing Lenovo and/or Dell
server products, rack mount and blade infrastructure, including
racking and cabling.
- Understanding of SAN storage concepts and networking (TCP/IP,
- ITIL v3 understanding.
The Ideal Candidate Would Possess
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team,
self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks
simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and
comply with company policies.
- 2 years' experience administering two or more of the following
- Exchange/Office 365
- Cisco routing/switching
- Firewall administration (Cisco, Checkpoint)
- Voice administration
- Linux administration
Position is Full Time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. The role
sits out of Des Moines, IA. All candidates within Des Moines, Iowa
commuting distance are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical
coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, Des Moines , IT Infrastructure Engineer, Engineering , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!