Company: Zoetis, Inc
Location: Eagle Grove
Posted on: January 26, 2023
This position is responsible for ensuring that all plant
production equipment is ready and available to meet the needs of
the manufacturing plant. The maintenance technician repairs,
replaces, install, and maintain plant equipment. and facilities.
Incumbent must be able to work all shifts. POSITION
- The Technician position is responsible for the repair and
maintenance of production equipment including pumps, fans, blowers,
gearboxes, compressors, conveyors, electrical systems, blenders,
and packaging machines.
- Experience in metal fabrication, piping, mechanical and
electrical troubleshooting, and repair required.
- Experience in a GMP environment is preferred.
- To perform this work, Mechanics must be able to understand and
follow P&ID, loop, and schematic drawings.
- Additional responsibilities include detailed documentation of
work orders and monthly PVM logs.
- Incumbent will be required to clearly communicate with
production operators. Must be able to describe facts clearly to
engineers, suppliers, and contractors.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants are required to have a high school diploma or
equivalent (GED); preferably with an associate degree in a
mechanical/technical area or a mechanical/electrical apprenticeship
from an accredited institution.
- Five to ten years mechanical experience in manufacturing is
required, preferably in the pharmaceutical or chemical
industry.TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:Applicants must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required.Applicants must be able to skillfully use the following
- Mechanic's hand tools such as wrenches.
- Precision measuring equipment such as ruler, micrometers,
protractors, calipers, and thickness gages.
- Power hand tools such as drills, grinders, saws, impact
wrenches, and power rodders.
- Stationary machine tools such as band saws, drill presses,
grinders, and pipe threading machines.
- Rigging equipment such as hoists, lifts, and hydraulic
- Electrical installation equipment such as conduit benders.
- Instrumentation and test equipment such as volt/ohm meters,
meggers, oscilloscopes, multi-calibrators, pressure calibrators,
dead weight testers, temperature calibrators, ammeters, and signal
- Welding equipment, handheld electrode, TIG, and
- Cutting and burning equipment such as oxyacetylene, and plasma
- Carpentry tools such hammers and saws.
- Alignment equipment such as dial indicators and laser alignment
equipment.Position also requires:
- Skills to maintain forklifts and/or other plant vehicles
- Experience with work orders and maintaining good
- Knowledge of PLC systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency: email; internet/online training; working
knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Conscious of safety and quality regulations.
- Good working knowledge of cGMP is preferred
- PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The
employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include peripheral vision and depth perception.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to moving
mechanical parts. The employee will occasionally perform work in
wet and/or humid conditions; in high, precarious places; around
hazardous chemicals; in outside weather conditions; in extreme
heat; can be loud.Full timeRegularColleagueAny unsolicited resumes
sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter,
including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax
machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to
Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis
will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of
an unsolicited resume.Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom
an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred
by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency
that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the
appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.Zoetis is committed
to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for
all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender
expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any
other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an
equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer
reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an
individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague
Services at email@example.com to request an
accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national,
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as
well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the
Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or
obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains
sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the
acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment
eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified
US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this
fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job
applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the
following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site,
or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of
"@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for
any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for
information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other
means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should
be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to
make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining
employment with Zoetis.
Keywords: Zoetis, Inc, Des Moines , Maintenance Technician, Engineering , Eagle Grove, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!