Lead Mechanical Engineer
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: May 26, 2023
BE THE CHOICE, NOT THE OPTION
Strivector specializes in catering to your specific desired company culture and purpose-filled job needs.
We help our clients meet their fast-growing business, new and existing positions with talented individuals like you.
Strivector works alongside Fortune 500, mid-sized and Start-ups for full-time and contract positions; on our list of companies, we have Bank of America, Fannie Mae, Philips, Smith & Nephew, Arthrex.
Take your career up a few notches with this global leader providing sustainable mobility and advanced solutions.
This is a Lead Mechanical Engineer position and your roles and responsibilities will include:
Engineering design, development, installation and support
- Technical Expertise/Knowledge
Centrifugal compressor technology
Field erected water tube boilers
Contact heater and hot water curing systems
Cooling towers and cooling water distribution/circulation systems
Industrial and package chillers
Reverse osmosis, water softeners, cartridge and media filters and other water preparation equipment
Boiler controls using Allen Bradley software Studio/RS Logix 5000, FactoryTalk View Studio and RSLinx Classic/OEM, Asset Center
AutoCAD Electrical, Vault, Revit, and other Autodesk suite software
- Leads yearly assessments for boilers, contact heaters, DAs and U1-A pressure vessels
- Acts as reliability engineer to the Power House and Infrastructure teams; accesses and utilizes Bridgestone CMMS
- Evaluates existing processes and equipment and recommends modifications and refinements resulting in cost savings, energy savings, quality and safety improvements
- Proposes new programs to keep equipment and processes technologically advanced and leading the industry in product quality, productivity, energy efficiency, environmental responsibility and safety
- Leads, plans, organizes and controls major infrastructure projects; projects range from $100K to $5M.
- Analyze project requirements, identify and address design parameters, review engineering challenges and ensure solutions are timely and within budget
- Responsible for meeting project goals on scope, quality, cost and schedule
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously
- Coordinates the efforts of other engineers, technicians, plant personnel and contractors
- Responsible for Safety Design Process for all projects
- Responsible for Contractor Safety for all projects
- Create documentation such as Training documents, Program backup, Network diagrams, Electrical drawings, etc
Consulting and Communications
- Acts as DSM Plant window for utility tracking and energy savings & reporting
- Communicates with the Engineering Services leadership team daily in the morning Maintenance Asaichi meeting
- Give technical guidance on infrastructure systems for maintenance and production equipment capital projects
- Coaches, reviews, and delegates work to lower-level professionals
Maintenance of Expertise
- Understands industry trends, direction and standards that guide new technology offerings, and uses technology and market intelligence to provide strategic recommendations on initiatives to achieve business objectives; attends trade shows, technical seminars, and reads technical publications to keep abreast of the latest technology
- Provides training to other engineers, maintenance and plant staff
Other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Most importantly, you need to be a passionate Lead Mechanical Engineer who enjoys his work and is considered to be one of the best within your organization. The ideal Lead Mechanical Engineer would be someone with deep experience in many (if not all) of the following:
Project management experience. Leading and organizing projects from $100k-$5million in scope.
We understand that even if you are a seasoned Lead Mechanical Engineer you may not have all the skills listed here. If you are a good at what you do and have a willingness to learn, lets talk.
Compensation: Based on Experience. One of the best in the industry
Minimum Education: Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Minimum Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience.
Type of position: Full time Permanent Position with benefits
Location: Des Moines, IA, US
Relocation accepted: Yes
BE THE CHOICE, NOT THE OPTION
Keywords: Strivector, Des Moines , Lead Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Des Moines, Iowa
here to apply!