Critical Facility Engineer
Company: Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: April 16, 2019
Facility Management - Critical Environment
Length of Assignment:
BGIS is currently seeking a Critical Facilities Engineer to join
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management
services, including facilities management, project management,
energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting,
real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions,
supported by efficient systems, processes and people, enables it to
create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is
dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping
clients focus on their core businesses.
With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled
professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of
property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive
sustainable cost reductions for its clients. BGIS s clients benefit
from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join
our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate,
you re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference
in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and
technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada s Green 30
companies since 2010. We have been recognized by GI Jobs Magazine
for Military Friendly 2017 and 2018, along with being the recipient
of the 2018 Hire Vets Gold Medallion via the U.S Department of
Visit us online at https://www.bgis.com/us/careers.htm for more
Purpose Statement: Maintain critical mechanical, electrical, and
control systems in a critical environment facility
This person will be responsible for:
* Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with
internal and external clients.
* Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner.
* Respond to emergency calls.
Maintain Data Center Systems
* Performs maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency
without disruption to the business.
* Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with BGIS Safety
Policy and Procedures.
* Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or
* Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
* Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
* Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
* Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets BGIS
and Client standards.
* Accurate and timely completion of work order requests.
* Escalate issues to Critical Environment Facility Manager as
* Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
* Must demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical,
and life safety systems typically used in critical
* High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience
* 1-year experience in a Critical Environment required.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel,
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Physical ability to walk job sites on uneven terrain.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away
from the office; reimbursed.
* Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
* Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel,
reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
* Respond to off-hour emergency calls.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business
practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and
professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness
and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every
employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from
all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing
equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual
orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or
any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the
relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment,
advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting
and retaining minority and women professionals from all
backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that
it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the
source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an
integral component of our continuing quest for organizational
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as
a social responsibility and as an economic and business
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment
Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human
Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Keywords: Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions, Des Moines , Critical Facility Engineer, Engineering , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!