Operational Risk Manager 4
Company: Wells Fargo Bank
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact
information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your
current resume when submitting your application for consideration.
To participate in some selection activities you will need to
respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email
and text message. -- In order to receive text message invitations,
your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as
------Personal Cell------ or ------Cellular------ in the contact
information of your application.At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy
our customers------ financial needs and help them succeed
financially. We------re looking for talented people who will put
our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse
and inclusive team where you------ll feel valued and inspired to
contribute your unique skills and experience.Help us build a better
Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins
with you.The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI)
team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services,
Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management,
Merchant Services, Marketing and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and
the professional services teams that partner with these businesses.
PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and
deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings
to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding
principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner
effectively.The PVSI Internal Conduct Manager will be responsible
for the development, centralized management, execution and
coordination of the quality assurance process for the PVSI
Allegations Intake and Research team. Additionally, this role will
lead strategic projects and initiatives for PVSI Allegations
Management. This is a senior manager role and will be responsible
for building and managing a quality assurance team to support this
process.This program will work closely with the PVSI Allegations
Management Intake/Research team, Conduct Management. Conduct Risk
Management, and other line of business Allegation Management teams.
--Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide input into development of the Allegations risk programs
and policies in coordination with Conduct Risk Program Manager and
- Hire and develop a diverse team of subject matter experts to
ensure front line allegation management quality assurance
responsibilities are fulfilled within this team consistent with the
requirements developed by Enterprise IRM and other functions.
- Manage relationships and foster a team orientation with risk
and business control leaders across PVSI Control, IRM, legal, Audit
and other enterprise functional teams.
- Team leadership and development. Cultivate key team approach
and partnership ethic through senior managers and their teams.
Ensure team is meeting risk management objectives in line with
required policies and procedures.
- Lead Allegation Management key initiatives for PVSI
- Drive PVSI consistency through standards, playbooks, and
procedures, templates as neededLocation:The preferred location for
this position is Phoenix, AZ and Charlotte, NC. Other locations
that may be considered are Atlanta, GA; Des Moines, IA; Dallas, TX;
Denver, CO; Minneapolis, MN; Portland, OR; Raleigh, NC; Richmond,
VA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Antonio, TX; St. Louis, MO; and
Wilmington, DE.As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to
achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business.
Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where
your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work
that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing
and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and
feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and
managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.Please note:
Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may
be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply
prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for
other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk
management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the
management of a process or business with accountability for
compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+
years of IT systems security, business process management or
financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must
include direct experience in compliance, operational risk
management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- --10+ years of experience at a full-service financial
institution with domestic and international operations. -- --
- Effective allegation management
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management
framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and
strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk
analytics and governance. --
- Understanding of best-practice risk management techniques
across financial services industry.
- Knowledge of relevant financial regulations and understanding
of how they are implemented, managed and enforced.
- Deep technical understanding of business operations, processes,
products, and customer interactions and where they manifest risk.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills
with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and
regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and
the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within
the business and enterprise Risk function.
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive
alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver
repeatable end to end risk management solutions and controls
aligned with business/customer processes.
- Deep understanding of risk framework, corporate/business
policies, and programs to translate into plans for the business,
function and/or risk type.
- Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo
Vision and Values and leadership competencies.
- Proven ability to build and lead high performing risk
management organization in a matrixed environment, ensure proper
staffing and expertise exists and can coach and enable others in
risk management and risk ownership.
- Strong analytical ability used to identify risks and
confidently raise issues, escalate early and engage in constructive
credible challenge and will do so independently when
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and
effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and analyze issues when
you collect data from multiple sources and know how to ask the
right questions to obtain the information needed to size up a
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo Bank, Des Moines , Operational Risk Manager 4, Executive , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!