Outside Sales Account Manager
Company: HD Supply
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Company Overview Outside Sales Account Manager for Multi-Family
customers As an Ouside Sales Account Manager for Facilities
Maintenance Multifamily division you will be responsible for an
established portfolio of multifamily customers (Apartment
communities) to maintain and drive Maintenance, Repair and
Operations (MRO) sales. This sales position has consistent day
travel but no overnight travel. The territory for this role is the
Greater Des Moines area and north to Ames. This position offers a
competitive base salary plus sales incentive plan paid monthly. A
laptop/tablet, cell phone, and monthly expenses are included. HD
Supply ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial
distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range
of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000
customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and
operations, water infrastructure and residential and
non-residential construction sectors. Through approximately 500
locations across 48 states and six Canadian provinces, the
company's approximately 13,000 associates provide localized,
customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or
direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions
that contribute to its customers' success. Job Description &
Qualifications Job Summary Responsible for profitably growing sales
to achieve yearly growth goals through the development of
relationships with emphasis on solutions. Responsible for
prospecting new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and
increasing opportunities with existing customers using a
consultative selling approach to deliver added value. Provide
service to meet customer needs through knowledge of the company
service capabilities, programs, and HD Supply product offering.
This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal
Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of
the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply
will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this
position is an acceptable MVR report. Major Tasks, Responsibilities
and Key Accountabilities
- Manages and grows sales volume with an existing group of
customers, prospects successfully to expand the customer base with
the expectation of incremental growth.
- Develops and implements plans to expand business presence for a
portfolio. Sells based on business value proposition for the
portfolio of customers.
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision
makers and influencers on all levels of the organization.
- Analyzes trends through sales reports and customer demand to
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable
channels within the business.
- Participates in all local trade shows. Attends monthly business
meetings for all business sponsored associations.
- Remains up-to-date on product improvements, industry, and
technical knowledge. Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving
missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more
- AutonNature of work requires increasing independence; receives
guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review
typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or
direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level
support personnel or professional personnel.employees professional
development but does not have hiring or firing authority. Work
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be
regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as
dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong
drafts, or bright lights.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of
which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable Education and
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5
years of experience in related field; certification is required in
some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in
related field. Certification is required in some areas. Preferred
Qualifications & Job Specific Details Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with consultative selling/solution selling.
- Knowledge in HDS product line.
- Multi-Family Industry Knowledge
- 2+ years business to business (B2B) field sales
- Proficiency in MS Excel and SalesForce.com or similar CRM.
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus. PRID PRID147 Job Locations
US-IA-Des Moines Posted Date 1 day ago (1/13/2020 11:49 AM) Job ID
2020-36212 Business Unit Facilities Maintenance Functional Area
Sales Remote Position? Yes Position Type Full-Time Posting Location
: Postal Code 50314 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Des Moines , Outside Sales Account Manager, Executive , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!