Manager of IT-Application Development
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Manager of IT --- Application Development Manages/supervises an
area within a department or single functional area within
information technology such as Service Desk or divisions within the
IT Infrastructure Services.Responsible for instructing, assigning,
directing and checking the work of IT staff. IT Managers will
collaborate and coordinate activities with other IT internal as
well as cross functional areas. Responsibilities:
- Supervise and provide leadership to build and maintain a strong
team through effective communications, recruiting, training,
coaching, counseling, appraising, rewarding, developing, and
succession planning.Carry out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the organization's policies and applicable
laws.Manage individuals in in a call-center environment for the
Internal Information Technology Service Desk.
- Manage projectsand activities related to the efficient and
effective delivery of IT services to the business.Develop project
goals, plans and budgets.
- Assign project tasks to team members and serve as team lead to
challenge, motivate and evaluate their progress.
- Monitor project status and results against schedule and budget
and provideongoing reports to management.Anticipate and address
problems.Work to assure user acceptance and ownership of
- Assist in the design, development, and implementation of IT
processes, procedures, and policies in accordance with the IT
strategy and vision.
- Develop internal resources - grow their technical capabilities,
mature their leadership skills, and prepare them for future
opportunities where applicable.
- Partner and collaborate with customers to scope, plan, and
implement projects that enable Ruan to serve new or current
- Ensure that employees follow established procedures.
- Build and develop business relationships with both internally
- Identify, implement, and monitor continuous improvement
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as
- Bachelor's Degree inComputer Science, MIS, Computer
Engineering, or closely related fieldorequivalent work experience
in lieu of degree.
- 6-9 years of experience ofInformation Technology experience
with demonstrated leadership skills and supervisory
- Requires knowledge of databases, development languages, IT
project management, financial reporting, and software development
- Knowledge of common transportation processes--preferred.
- Possesses--the ability to manage
- Strong development experience in the Microsoft stack - .Net,
SQL Server, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, Azure, etc.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and
Visio.Requires planning and organizational skills, problem-solving,
communication, presentation, analytical, leadership, negotiation,
relationship building, accuracy and detail orientation skills.
Keywords: Ruan, Des Moines , Manager of IT-Application Development, Executive , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!