Special Projects Division Project Manager
Company: Turner Construction Company
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Special Projects Division Project Manager Position Description:
Overall day-to-day project responsibility, including operations,
budget, client relations, safety and staffing.-- Reports To:
Special Projects/Interiors Division (SPD) Senior Project Manager
(SPM) or Project Executive--
- Participate in new project pursuits in support of Business
- Must have complete understanding of the owner contract for the
project and risk mitigation measures and ensure that the project
team is aware of them.
- Manage preconstruction activities (Estimating, Operations Plan,
Scheduling) as necessary.
- May be responsible for bidding, scope review, and awards of
- Ensure subcontracts, Purchase Orders (POs) and change orders
are reviewed and accurate.
- Perform all required engineering duties and responsibilities,
including Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Responsible for the change order process (subcontractor and
- Work with the Superintendent and Safety Director on
implementing the safety program.
- Manage and develop staff as assigned, including providing input
on performance evaluations.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements
at all times.
- Develop relationships with owners, subcontractors and
- Work with Accounting to initiate Pay Application process and
follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
- Participate in development of schedule and sequencing of work.
Ensure trade contractors have the latest schedule and are
contractually tied thereto.
- Review, validate and manage the project financials.
- Manage closeout process. Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus
a minimum of two to five years of formal engineering architectural
training and/or building construction experience required or an
equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating and
engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting
principles. Familiar with various construction methods and
materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and
tolerances. Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft
Office Suite of programs. Very strong verbal and written
communications skills are a must. Physical Demands: Performance of
the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb
permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction
personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas
under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands
to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk
and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee
regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the
employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious
places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and
risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is
usually moderate to very loud. *May perform other duties as
assigned. Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with
disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor View your Equal Employment Opportunity
rights under the law. Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals
with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: Turner Construction Company, Des Moines , Special Projects Division Project Manager, Executive , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!