Senior Product Manager
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: May 6, 2021
US-IA-Des MoinesUS-NE-LincolnUS-GA-AlpharettaUS-TX-AustinReq No.
2021-7597Category ProfessionalType Full-TimeThe OpportunityWe are
seeking a talented Senior Product Manager to lead and own assigned
product service lines. Major responsibilities will include product
strategy development, requirements definition, go-to-market
strategy, execution, and ongoing growth of individual service
lines. This Senior Product Manager works extensively with clients,
staff, analysts, and partners as well as provide strategic support
to the sales and marketing teams. The Senior Product Manager
facilitates the product development lifecycle through product
assessments, business case creation, business requirements,
operating model, product positioning/commercialization, competitive
analysis, product integration, market launch, and ongoing product
- This position is fully-remote. That means we are open to talent
across the country and the person in this position will be able to
continue working remotely even after we transition back into our
physical office locations.
- This position is temporarily-remote. That means that this
position is currently remote due to COVID. However, once we
transition back into the office, the manager would prefer for this
person to work in the physical office.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position
is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back
into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of
both remote and in-office work.
- This position is on-site. That means that the person in this
position is expected to work in our physical office location. As
stated above, we are doing everything we can to protect our
employees that are working on-site and greatly appreciate their
commitment. What You Can Look Forward to
- Provides direction in the market analysis process for new
products/services to determine customer needs, industry direction,
competitive product and market positioning and overall product
- Creates overarching view of assigned product portfolio strategy
for management and enhancements. Acts as a project lead in the
developing and implementing of strategies for product portfolio
- Ensures the timely creation and updating of the product vision
- Provides guidance to support new product/service viability and
aid/supports in the summary recommendation of go or no-go decision
for senior leadership.
- Acts as the product functional leader on all products within
the assigned product portfolio vertical. Acts as representative of
the product portfolio for internal and external audiences.
- Leads the research, analysis, and development of new product
enhancements, services and markets for assigned product
- Provides sales support for new and existing clients regarding
assigned product portfolio.
- Conducts training for internal and external audiences regarding
current and future product offerings and payment solutions with in
assigned product portfolio.
- Ensures the management of life cycle of all products or product
lines within assigned portfolio; including evaluating customer
needs, product enhancement, and determining end of life timing and
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree plus minimum of five years of product
experience plus at least three years in a product management role,
or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Professional background in strategic and tactical product
- Proven track record and experience in presentation skills to
both a large and small group.
- Proven track record of bringing successful products to market
- Proven staff management skills in leading resources to a higher
and strategic thought process.
- Knowledge of strategic and tactical product management and
product development methodologies.
- Knowledge of strategic planning process.
- Knowledge of product life cycle management tenets.
- Knowledge of financial forecasting, creation of budgets and
financial justification for product business decisions.
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of financial services
industry, preferably credit unions and payments industry.
- Experience utilizing and implementing different product pricing
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Skilled at driving projects to completion in a timely manner,
meeting pre-determined deadlines.
- Strong requirements gathering skills.
- Skilled at defining customer needs and using that knowledge to
defining functional product specifications.
- Excellent Market research and analysis skills, including sizing
and market need.
- Skilled at evaluation of business and product
- Ability to assess impact on organization and operational
environment of new product initiatives.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel,
- Outstanding execution skills.
- Strong financial analysis skills-to assist finance department
in building forecasting models and use those models to build
financial business case for products. Why Join CO-OP?CO-OP is
committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels
valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce;
ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve;
cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to
their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive
environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an
organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the
credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's
commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends
beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service. CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client
credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly
30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches
nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than
6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all
sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced
world of fintech. The Perks
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Des Moines , Senior Product Manager, Executive , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!