The Event Manager at Hilton Des Moines Downtown will execute
written sales agreements for meetings and events with a high level
of customer service. The ideal candidate will be a multi-tasking,
organized, team player with a can-do attitude. The Hilton Des
Moines, IA is the only hotel connected to the Iowa Events Center by
skyway. Come join our Team and grow you career with Hilton.
The Hilton Des Moines Downtown is a bright, modern hotel in step
with the tech-centric area. Part of the Des Moines Skywalk system,
the hotel is connected to the Iowa Events Center - perfect for
convention attendees - and offers quick access to offices, local
dining and Des Moines attractions. This property boasts 330 guest
rooms and suites, an indoor pool, fitness center, and 14,000 sq.
ft. of stylish event space.
H otel and/or Events venue experience
What will I be doing?
Communicate clearly between customers and the hotel by directing
each department within the hotel as to their specific role in the
pre-planning and execution of on-site events. Maximize revenue and
control expenses through effective planning, negotiation of
services, and accurate forecasting. Responsible for successful
execution of all meetings and events to ensure customer
satisfaction and loyalty.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accurately prepare reports, correspondence, and analysis relative
to Event activity such as call reports, forecasts, menu proposals,
customer correspondence, banquet event orders, resume, post event
report and internal memos or communications.
- Direct guestroom, meeting, and event logistics to respective
departments and team members.
- Manage customer relationships in a proactive manner relative to
payment structure, room block, food and beverage requirements,
public room rental and exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate
revenue streams, performance damages and master billing
- Analyze customers' service and product needs relative to the
financial requirements of the property.
- Authorize appropriate resolution of customers' concerns while
- Direct customer services via site visits, board meetings, menu
testing, and planning meetings for definite and potential
- Participate in internal and external training and industry
events; Customer Focused Events, Front Line Leadership, CPR, ACOM
Institute etc. Participates in development and measurement of
personal and team goals and action plans.
- Communicate clearly and accurately (verbally or non-verbally) in
a pleasant manner.
- Show competence by completing job responsibilities effectively
- Demonstrate an ability to follow a prescribed sequence of service
with each encounter.
- Take initiative, be willing to assume responsibility for
exceeding guests' expectations.
Ability to handle multiple customer and operational demands with
- Ability to operate independently and with a high degree of
- Excellent time management skills and self-motivation
Proficiency in the use of computer systems including Word, Excel,
- Ability to communicate and comprehend requests, memos, proposals,
Possess a good understanding of electronic devices and the ability
to operate such items.
- Ability to complete a contract in compliance with checklists,
standards, and hotel policies.