Company: Iowa Beverage Systems Inc
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: June 25, 2022
IOWA BEVERAGE SYSTEMS POSITION DESCRIPTION Position Title:
Account Manager (AM) Reports to (Title): Area Sales Manager (ASM)
Job Code: Date: 11/5/2021 Department/Organization: Sales Exempt:
Eligible for Variable Pay Direct Supervision: YES__X___ NO_____ Job
Summary: Responsible for securing distribution, displays, executing
programs, and fostering relationships for an assigned customer
list. Directly calls on local convenience, large-format grocery,
and/or on-premise retail customers. The Account Manager will be
accountable for driving Iowa Beverage sales results through
short-term objectives and other long-term strategic initiatives for
their respective customers. The Account Manager will follow the
direction and overarching strategy from the Area Sales Manager.
- Effectively sell the Iowa Beverage portfolio in all assigned
account call lists.
- Ensure that all class of trade priorities are executed at
retail, in line with IBEV supplier standards.
- Accomplish sales and distribution goals by executing monthly,
quarterly, and annual business objectives and company initiative
- Have a thorough knowledge of all decision-makers in each
account and develop sound retail relations.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge: beer, trends,
market share, etc.
- Complete all required training to improve performance and
- Monitor competitive activity and communication strategies.
- Create and capitalize on opportunities appropriate to the
assigned customer base.
- Maximize availability, merchandising, price, promotion, and
space for IBEV portfolio.
- Visibility in accounts must be equal to or greater than the
- Increase core distribution (net) over baseline throughout the
- Execute required audits, action plans, pre-sells, pricing
surveys, and pricing surveys by requested deadlines.
- Interact respectfully and maintain a dialog with inter-company
departments and customers.
- Support the rotating and merchandising of products.
- Solution-oriented enterprise mindset approach to all
- Understands and complies with all local, state, and federal
regulations along with all IBEV policies and procedures.
- Other assigned duties. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Sales/Marketing-related experience: 3-5 years.
- Beverage industry experience is strongly preferred.
- High level of personal accountability/results orientation.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong analytical skills (cause analysis, pricing, distribution
- Strong presentation and influencing skills (personal influence
and people management). PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The associate will be regularly required to: Stand up to eight
(8) hours at a time.
- Lift, carry, push, and pull up to 165 lbs.
- Use arms, wrists, hands, grasp
- Must be proficient in using industry tools, including hand
truck, six-wheeler, manual pallet jack, box cutter, etc.
Keywords: Iowa Beverage Systems Inc, Des Moines , Account Manager, Executive , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!