Chief Executive Officer
Company: St. Gregory Recovery Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Chief Executive Officer - St. Gregory Recovery Center - Bayard,
Job Summary: The Chief Executive Officer serves as the executive
officer with day-to-day responsibility for the management and
operation of the facility. The CEO has primary responsibility for
the development, implementation, and achievement of the facility's
strategic business plan in conjunction with routine operations to
include quality of care, staff development, maintenance of
licensure and accreditations, financial performance, and continuous
Job Duties: * Collaborates with the governing body in the
development of facility-specific annual operating capital budgets
and strategic business plans. Assures that the medical staff is
involved and provides input into this process through coordination
with the office of the Medical Director.
* Manages day-to day operations and staff so that the facility
achieves its objectives in all of the following key performance
areas: effective patient/client care outcomes, appropriate fiscal
management, maintenance of licensure, accreditation and other
regulatory criteria, implementation of focused business development
processes, medical staff compliance with regulatory and
* Organizes the day-to-day management and operation of the facility
through departmentalization, delegation and alignment of
responsibilities to meet the facility's patient/client care and
* Creates and maintains a network of local constituency groups to
include government agencies, local businesses, affiliate health
providers, and the surrounding community.
* Appraises leadership team performance, both of individual members
and the team as a whole, assesses competencies, and provides
coaching/corrective action as appropriate under the direction of
the governing body.
* Ensures participation of staff in facility/program wide
in-service and continuing education programs, including those
specific to the treatment of children, adolescents and
* Recruits allied health professionals and psychiatrists to
increase the scope of service offerings at the facility.
* Effectively manages and directs contract negotiations and
contract compliance with the commercial payer community to include
rate negotiations and services provided. Oversees contract
relationships to include regular reporting on contract performance
as well as new revenue generation and growth.
* Leads development of continuum of care to include comprehensive
outpatient services and community based programs.
* Serves as the final authority for resolution of staff performance
concerns and performance improvement activities as appropriate.
* Routinely attends and as appropriate, chairs periodic meetings
with the governing body, medical staff, executive management team,
and other departments of the facility.
* Remains current in all national healthcare-based initiatives
through participation in such organizations as NAPHS and the
relevant state based facility association.
* Ensures an effective survey readiness plan is active at all times
including a comprehensive auditing plan, corrective actions taken
to address noncompliant areas, and preventative actions to maintain
continuous accreditation and regulatory compliance.
* Ensures adherence to the Summit Compliance program including
timely follow-up with reported compliance issues, staff training,
and proactive auditing.
* Confirms and leads accurate Governing Board reporting and
* Guarantees prompt, thorough follow-up of any patient/client
safety issues including system-issue corrections and proactive
assessment of high-risk areas.
* Ensures appropriate support for QAPI activities including direct
and leadership staff resources, training, and other requirements.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS: * BA required, preferably
in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public
Health, Marketing, Clinical or related discipline; MBA/MHA
* Three or more years' experience in senior leadership or CEO role
in a behavioral health, acute care, and/or managed care
* Ability to lead successful licensure, accreditation, and
compliance efforts in a behavioral health facility.
* Demonstrates thorough knowledge of facility administration and
* Strong working knowledge of financial management and business
development processes. SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS:
Five or more years of supervisory/management experience in
healthcare setting required. Why St. Gregory Recovery Center?St.
Gregory Recovery Center offers a comprehensive benefit plan and a
competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified candidates should apply by submitting a resume. St.
Gregory Recovery Center is an EOE.Veterans and military spouses are
highly encouraged to apply. Summit BHC is dedicated to serving
Veterans with specialized programming at our treatment centers
across the country. We recognize and value the unique strengths of
the military community in supporting our mission to serve those who
have served. Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: St. Gregory Recovery Center, Des Moines , Chief Executive Officer, Executive , Bayard, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!