Hospice RN Case Manager
Company: UnityPoint Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
$10,000 Sign on Bonus, only for external applicants. UnityPoint
at Home -UrbandaleHospiceM-F 8a-5pm with rotation for on-call
coverageWhy UnityPoint Health?
- Commitment to our Team We're proud to be recognized as a Top
150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker's Healthcare for our
commitment to our team members.
- Culture At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling
career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and
unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we
- Benefits Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits
options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what
life stage youre in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment Were committed to
ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race,
gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development We believe equipping you with support and
development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a
remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement Be an essential part of our core
purposeto improve the health of the people and communities we
serve.Visit https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/ to hear more from
our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to
work.Responsibilities:The RN Case Manager uses clinical nursing
knowledge, physical assessment, teaching and procedural skills to
deliver high quality patient care in the patients place of
residence. The RN Case Manager develops and oversees the home
health plan of care under the direction of the physician and ensure
appropriate interdisciplinary involvement to ensure the best
outcome for each patient. The RN Case Manager delivers patient care
directed by the physician as established in the home health plan of
care that is consistent with clinical best practices and results in
high quality, improved outcomes and exceptional patient
experience.Patient Care/Care Coordination
- Makes visits to the homes of patients requiring home health
nursing services and assumes responsibility for an ongoing
interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Performs initial and comprehensive assessments on all patients
in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Performs nursing assessment at each visit in accordance with
agency policies and procedures.
- Delivers quality care and completes clear, concise and accurate
clinical documentation of care provision in accordance with home
health conditions of participation (CoPs), various payer home
health coverage criteria, accreditation standards, professional
standards for discipline/credential and the home health plan of
- Provides patient, caregiver and family counseling and education
as indicated in the plan of care.
- Develops and continually updates a plan of care that specifies
the care and services required to meet patient-specific needs.
- Develops and updates patients discharge plan on every visit
ensuring patient and caregiver education and training is
facilitating timely discharge.
- Assesses the need for plan of care updates and every visit and
includes the patient and family in care planning decisions.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of clinical records
and time/travel entrieQualifications:
- Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurses
and valid license as RN in state(s) where providing care.
- One year of nursing experience caring for similar patient
population as to be assigned.
- Valid licensed driver with automobile insurance in accordance
with state(s) and/or organizational requirements.
- Mandatory Reporter: Child & Dependent Adult Abuse.
- Person Centered Care (PCC) course completion within first 12
months of hire and annual completion of competency validation
- CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare
Provider Card with Re-certification.
- Basic knowledge of current, frequently used medications,
including modes of administration, actions and side effects.
- Competency in variety of nursing skills and ability to perform
without supervision (NPWT, complex wound care, IV therapy, catheter
care, ostomy care, chronic disease management assessment and
teaching).Requisition ID: 2022-123354 Street: 11333 Aurora Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate Name: SN Visits- Hosp- DM
FLSA Status: Exempt Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8am to 5pm with rotating
on call External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Des Moines , Hospice RN Case Manager, Executive , Urbandale, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!