Company: ARTISAN Management Group
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: March 18, 2023
SUMMARY OF POSITIONThe Community Property Manager is accountable
for all day-to-day property management operations, including
maintenance performance, and oversees / enhances the overall value
of the property; Effectively manage and coordinate onsite team,
activities, and available resources to accomplish community
objectives as set forth by the Artisan Regional or Area Manager.
Objectives include maximizing rents / occupancy levels and asset
preservation. In addition, the Community Property Manager will
train the assistant manager to assume all managerial duties in the
event of the Community Property Manager's absence.PRINCIPAL
- Conduct all business in accordance with Artisan policies and
procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair
Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State laws.
- In conjunction with the Regional or Area Manager, the Community
Property Manager will assist in formulation of budgets for each
upcoming calendar year. The Community Property Manager is
responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines
throughout the year.
- Actively maintain and report monthly variances and
- Ensures that all rents are collected when due and posted in a
timely manner. Ensure all bank deposits are made immediately and
deposits are reported to the corporate office daily.
- Performs evictions, utility disconnects, and landlord liens as
required on delinquent rents.
- Coordinates with vendor/contractor regarding work scheduling,
billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
Responsible for approving and submitting all invoices to corporate
office for payment.
- Conducts rental surveys and provides rental rate
recommendations to Regional or Area Manager.
- Ensures lease files are complete and executed properly.
Approves all leases on the property.
- Responsible for offices opening on schedule, condition of
office, and model apartment(s).
- Attends scheduled Artisan management meetings.
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a
daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Submits required reports to
Regional or Area Manager on a weekly and / or monthly basis.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as
required.OPTIMUM SKILLSET QUALITIES
- A friendly personality and a genuine desire to help
- The ability to think clearly and make quick decisions.
- Numeracy and logistical planning skills.
- A professional manner and a calm, rational approach in hectic
- The ability to balance prospects, residents, and business
- Flexibility and a "can do" Artisan mentality.
- Energy and patience.REQUIREMENTS FOR COMMUNITY PROPERTY MANAGER
- High school diploma or equivalent, college-level education
- Previous Property Manager experience highly preferred.
- 2+ years of on-site Leasing Consultant and / or Assistant
Manager experience or at least 3+ years of supervisory experience
with customer service orientation.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office: Word, Excel, and
- Industry designations (ARM, CAM, NALP, RPM) strongly
- AppFolio experience preferred.OUTSTANDING HEALTH BENEFITS &
PAID TIME AWAY
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company paid short-term & long-term disability insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary benefits (life insurance, critical illness &
- 401K with 3% match
- Vacation/sick leave
- Birthday PTO dayEOE
Keywords: ARTISAN Management Group, Des Moines , Community Manager, Executive , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...