Facility Operations Director
Company: The National Council of Young Men's Christian Asso
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: May 25, 2023
The YMCA of Greater Des Moines is seeking an innovative Facility
Operations Professional and cause-driven leader to join our staff
team! Job Description Directs the maintenance and improves
operations of facilities, vehicles, and landscaping by monitoring
and managing all YMCA mechanical systems, equipment and staff.
- Bachelor's degree in facility management or related field or
- Five or more years of experience in facility management or
closely related field.
- Significant working knowledge of electrical, plumbing and
mechanical systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas
in a commercial environment.
- Complete within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse Prevention
Training; BLS CPR; First Aid; State Pool Operator's
- Completion of YMCA risk management and other
maintenance-specific certifications, as needed.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from
all social and economic segments of the community and successful
clearance of background check.
- Personal computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability and current license to drive with a record that meets
- Experience with facility management software is a plus. WORK
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- This is a non-office position. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend,
stoop, kneel, twist, use hand and power tools, reach with hands,
sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk,
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp,
perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- Frequent exposure to dust or fumes is possible and use of
cleaning equipment and chemicals is required.
- The work is performed both indoors and out.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed
to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Essential Functions
- Oversees and manages association work order systems.
- Ensures best practices for facility management are being
- Manages the work of, and service agreements with, mechanical
service providers, roofing contractors, elevator service
contractors and security monitoring contractors.
- Provides monthly facility walk through. Completes risk
- Assists branch execs with creation of annual budget; including
reserve spending prioritization. Provides financial reports related
to facility maintenance to branch Executives and corporate
- Audits branch records and work spaces to ensure professional,
accurate, clean and neat work spaces and data is being recorded in
a unified and accessible manner.
- Works with outside agencies to ensure compliance with all
local, state and federal regulations related to mechanical
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs
assigned staff. Reviews and evaluates performance. Develop
strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Models relationship
building skills in all interactions.
- Advise corporate staff on maintenance issues and projects.
- Ensure that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are
maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and
procedures of the YMCA.
- Update facility plans periodically. May develop annual plan of
capital projects, consistent with the YMCA's strategic plan and
- Actively participates in association staff meetings and/or
- Performs other duties as assigned. Mission
AdvancementOperational EffectivenessPersonal Growth Required
Certifications Valid Drivers LicenseState of Iowa Pool Operator's
Certificate within the first 30 days of hire.
Keywords: The National Council of Young Men's Christian Asso, Des Moines , Facility Operations Director, Executive , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...