AVP, Capital Management Analytics
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: August 17, 2019
FGL Holdings-the F&G family of insurance companies-is committed
to helping Americans prepare for and live comfortably in their
retirement. Through its subsidiaries, F&G is a leading provider
of annuity and life insurance products. For nearly 60 years, we
have offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are
seeking safety, protection and income solutions to meet their
At F&G, we believe our culture is what makes our company great.
In 2018, we received a Top Workplace award, which we credit to our
employees' shared cultural values: Collaborative, Authentic,
Dynamic and Empowered. We believe that by embracing these values,
we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while being a
great place to work.
We recruit talented and committed individuals to join our team, and
we provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. We
are looking for an AVP, Capital Management Analytics who will
report to the VP, Capital & Ratings. This position will be a key
member of the F&G capital management team with responsibility
for developing, maintaining and overseeing capital management
analytics at F&G and its operating companies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the analytics function and process to assess the
company's capital position relative to NAIC, rating agency and
other regulatory capital model requirements.
- Ensure the functionality and accuracy of the capital
forecasting models, and understand their inputs, outputs and key
Support and partner with individuals, including the leaders across
the business, to provide analysis that is predictive, actionable,
and impacts our ability to achieve results.
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities for capital
efficiency across various capital models.
Provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation
support for acquisitions, new product development, long-term
contracts and other ad-hoc financial projects.
- Partner with Investments and Actuarial teams for continuity on
capital assumptions used in product pricing and investment
- Partner with ERM team for continuity on capital allocation for
risk appetite and risk drivers, stress testing and economic
- Provide ongoing analytical support and insights to Treasury on
developments regarding capital efficient structures / ratings
criteria to fund organizational objectives.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Actuarial, Business
or related field
- Minimum of 15 years of professional finance experience in life
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in senior analytical role
related to life insurance products
- CPA and/or FSA strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills
necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Strong intuitive and analytical skills.
- Expertise to improve analytical processes and utilize
technology to make procedures and processes more efficient.
- Experience working with consultants on analytical process and
- Deep understanding of the rating agency capital models as well
as economic capital models.
- Provide timely analysis and recommendations to respond to
evolving regulatory and rating agency requirements and guidelines
which could impact the company's capital position or ratings.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Office environment
- Limited travel required
Keywords: F&G, Des Moines , AVP, Capital Management Analytics, Executive , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!