Platform Supply Planning Manager
Company: Zoetis, Inc.
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: August 17, 2019
The Platform Supply Planning Manager (PSP) has overall
responsibility for all assigned products (SKUs) at a certain site
or network of sites. His primary role is to ensure and improve
product supply to customers.
The PSPM orchestrates the overall supply chain for his products
end-to-end from the sources of raw materials and critical
components all the way to the end customers. He identifies and
addresses long-term, medium-term and short-term supply chain risks
and is a change agent for supply chain improvements along the
supply chains and underlying value streams for his products.
The PSPM is also accountable for the management of the Rough Cut
Capacity Planning, Master Production Planning and the Constrained
Supply Planning with the support of BT systems.
He/she supports the IBP process. He/she summarizes actions, for his
site and follows through on key supply/capacity decisions.
He/she will actively participate in any change activities such as
new product introductions, site transfers, packaging changes,
format harmonization, etc. to optimize supply and minimize business
impact from a supply perspective. He/she facilitates the respective
discussions to resolve problems with manufacturing site and Demand
* Establish and maintain long-term capacity and volume plans and
drive the resolution of identified gaps
* Identify opportunities in supply planning, product formats,
inventory management, campaigning strategy, to improve SCL
performance in key areas such as reliability, lead times,
responsiveness, cost, on-time delivery, inventory levels
* Coordinate the establishment and maintenance of Service Level
Agreements with Sites, Markets and different service providers
* Define and maintain the supply chain setup and associated supply
chain parameters to fulfilll these Service Level Agreements
* Monitor site/supply performance against KPIs. Identify and
understand trends in performance & identify opportunities for
* Provide the data to support the Global Supply reviews for his
site and follow appropriate action from reviews
* Collaborate with site to understand root causes of supply issues,
define, and follow through corrective actions plans
* Analyze demand evolutions and the capacity impacts on a mid-term
horizon (M+3 to M+23)
* Simulate different scenarios on the production bottlenecks taking
into account business priorities
* Challenge production constraints to optimize the plans
* Provide a monthly Master Production Plan (MPS) for the Semi
finished Product (SFP) and the Finished Product (FP), taking into
account specific configuration (e.g. 3 shifts ), bottlenecks
capacities and the business priorities (demand type, products
priorities) (frozen horizon vs slush vs liquid)
* Validate the allocation of quantities into the regions; translate
business priorities in case of production problems or shortages.
Measure adherence versus allocations.
* Analyze the feasibility of changing demands expressed inside the
* Advise on and maintain key planning parameters to optimize the
supply chain performance
* Champion standard ways of performing the planning, SCA evaluation
and other core processes.
* Develop baseline volumes for assigned products in support of
annual site budget process and advise on volume sensitivities.
* Manage communications with the Demand Planners to ensure seamless
and efficient flow of information between sites and markets.
* Collaborate with site procurement & API Planning team to ensure
alignment on long range API demand, site API inventory levels and
short/medium API availability to support MPS.
Performance Indicators (KPIs may change over time to meet evolving
* Accountable for maintaining inventory levels within pre-defined
* Accountable for Service Level e.g Fill Rate, stock-out
* Evaluate Slow moving items and actions on those.
* Minimum 5 years experiences in supply chain with knowledge on
logistics+ 2/3 years in business working in an international
organization with a fast evolving environment.
* Bachelors required with Masters or MBA preferred
* Proficiency in English
* Deep functional knowledge and experience in Supply Planning and
other aspects of SC incl. RCCP, Master Scheduling, Forecasting,
Demand Planning and S&OP.
* System skills to manage supply planning tasks using software
* Prior experience with APO and track record of leading SAP
implementations is a plus
* Ability to collaborate cross functionally
* Strong analytical capabilities
* Detail oriented, organized, reliable, resourceful with a
relentless focus on outcomes
* Good communication skills
* Travel is required to meet the needs (estimated 10%.)
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status or any other protected classification.
Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our
online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an
alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please
contact Zoetis Colleague Services at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain
authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and
exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or
maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility,
considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers.
Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please
note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from
candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our
company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email
to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com . In
addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment
related activities. Any solicitation or request for information
related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or
utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be
disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make
any type of personal financial investment related to gaining
employment with Zoetis.
Keywords: Zoetis, Inc., Des Moines , Platform Supply Planning Manager, Executive , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!