Manager, Financial Reporting
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: August 17, 2019
FGL Holdings-the F&G family of insurance companies-is committed
to helping Americans prepare for and live comfortably in their
retirement. Through its subsidiaries, F&G is a leading provider
of annuity and life insurance products. For nearly 60 years, we
have offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are
seeking safety, protection and income solutions to meet their
At F&G, we believe our culture is what makes our company great.
In 2018, we received a Top Workplace award, which we credit to our
employees' shared cultural values: Collaborative, Authentic,
Dynamic and Empowered. We believe that by embracing these values,
we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while being a
great place to work.
We recruit talented and committed individuals to join our team, and
we provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. The
Manager, Financial Reporting will perform various duties to ensure
accurate and timely financial reporting for FGL Holdings and its
Areas of responsibility include management of the financial close
and reporting processes; review of financial statement and footnote
disclosures; analysis of quarterly/annual results; and other
monthly close responsibilities required for SEC and statutory
reporting. The Manager, Financial Reporting will provide leadership
to Financial Reporting team members and support requests from
internal and external auditors, senior management and rating
The Manager, Financial Reporting will report to the Director,
Financial Reporting and interact with all levels of senior
management. He/she will lead other members of the Financial
Reporting Team and collaborate with various departments across the
Company, as applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managerial oversight of the SEC annual and interim reports,
including accurate and timely completion of the GAAP financial
statements, schedules and analysis.
- Managerial oversight of the NAIC statutory-basis annual and
quarterly statements, including quality of the related footnotes,
schedules and analysis.
- Executing internal controls designed to mitigate identified
risks within the financial reporting process.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and
implementing changes necessary for strategic vision, including
internal control enhancements to ensure risks are adequately
- Assisting with requests of both internal and external
- Managing the monthly/quarterly close calendar and assisting
with the coordination of close activities.
- Researching and analyzing regulatory, technical or other
information, as deemed necessary.
- Developing staff through individual learning plans, on-the-job
coaching and continuous feedback.
- Assisting with ad hoc requests, special projects and other
duties related to financial reporting and analysis, as
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in financial reporting,
accounting or auditing.
- Life insurance or financial services experience.
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Financial reporting package and web filings experience
- CPA license preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (verbal and
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to recruit,
retain, coach and mentor top-quality staff.
- Highly motivated and demonstrated ability to take
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with
professionals at all levels.
- Experience analyzing and understanding key data and technical
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks/projects to
meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong problem solving skills.
This position will require a limited amount of travel (i.e., 10%)
within the U.S.
Keywords: F&G, Des Moines , Manager, Financial Reporting, Executive , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!