RN Special Procedures - Medical Imaging - FT (Days/Call)
Company: Mercy Medical Center
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Position Type: Regular Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
GENERAL SUMMARY: Assumesresponsibility and accountability for the
provision of professional nursingcare to patients incorporating the
nursing process, the environment, technicalequipment, and health
care members. Provides patient care activities to patients ages 0
to death. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: * Administers nursing care
topatients; included assessment, planning, implementing, and
evaluating thepatient's care plan in coordination with the
physician during imaging procedures. Transports patients and gives
appropriatereports to ancillary areas.
* Provides care to neonate,pediatric, adolescent, adult, and
* Interacts with patients,both pre and post invasive procedures for
history, instructions/teaching, andpost procedure follow-up.
Providespatient/family or caregiver education and counseling in
recognition andsolution of physical, emotional, and environmental
* Maintains open and positivecommunication with staff, physicians,
and other departments.
* Presents a positive image tocommunity and professional
* Utilizes hospital/departmentinformation system to process data
and retrieve patient information.
* Triages patients; andproblem solves with staff, physicians,
patients, families, and ancillarydepartments.
* Maintains knowledge ofdocumentation requirements needed for
* Works independently withlimited direct supervision using the
Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Hospital Medical Centerpolicies, nursing
standards, and professional judgement.
* Initiates emergency supportmeasures (i.e., CPR, protecting
patient from injury).
* Takes assigned call asdefined in unit specific structure
* Providesorientation/education for staff, students, and other
hospital and community organizations,as requested.
* Responsible for all medicalsupplies/equipment being available and
in proper working condition in thedepartment including EKG
monitors, crash cart, medications (routine, emergency,narcotics),
suction, O2 , Ambu bags, airways, E.T. tray and otherrelated
supplies in the Medical Imaging Department.
* Administers medications,moderates sedation, I.V.s, CPR, etc. as
ordered during procedure.
* Maintains all aspects ofpatient safety.
* Performs chart maintenance,maintains patient records, answers
phones, processes physician's orders.
* Circulates for SpecialProcedure exams, maintains a basic, working
knowledge of angiographicsupplies/equipment.
* Promotes staff compliance ofobjectives and the implementation of
procedures and policies.
* Promotes professionalismwith the department, hospital, and
community; acts as a role model.
* Participates in meetings andon committees as requested.
* Assures compliance ofdepartment policies with hospital nursing
* Coordinates patient care inthe Medical Imaging Department with
other areas of the hospital to insure andmaintain continuum of
* Attends hospital anddepartment meetings and in-services.
* Consults on nursing policiesand procedures.
* Maintains confidentialityregarding all patient/personnel
* Completes annual competencies and educationalrequirements MINIMUM
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES REQUIRED: * Possession of a
currentlicense as a registered nurse issued by the State of
* Minimum of two years currentregistered nurse experience required,
critical care preferred.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) forthe Healthcare Provider certified or
obtained within six (6) weeks of hire.
* Proof of completion ofMandatory Reporter abuse training specific
to population served within three(3) months of hire. Additional
Information * Requisition ID: 2019-R0259029
* Schedule: Full-time
* Market: Mercy Medical Center
Keywords: Mercy Medical Center, Des Moines , RN Special Procedures - Medical Imaging - FT (Days/Call), Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!