RN Flex- Pediatric Flex Team FT .9 (Day/Night)
Company: Mercy Medical Center
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 72
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES
Provides individualized,high-quality nursing care to patients of
all ages. Uses a team approach to delegate andcoordinate patient
care at admission, transfer, and discharge. Independently delivers
nursing care using theNurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center
policies, nursing standards, ethicalprinciples, and professional
judgment. Works rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as
scheduled. Provides nursing care across all units withintrained
* Assesses, plans, and implements nursing carewhile ensuring
* Practices safe patient handling techniques.
* Continues to evaluate assigned patients andprovides ongoing
* Anticipates, identifies, and responds toeducational and emotional
needs of patients and families.
* Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e.Patient Care
Technicians) in caring for patients.
* Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up,maintenance, and use
(i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainagedevices).
Utilizes safeguards such as IVpump drug library and monitor alarms
whenever available to maximize patientsafety.
* Initiates emergency support measures (i.e.,cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
* Serves in a charge/leadership role based onskill and unit needs.
When assignedcharge, makes patient assignments; triages patients;
and problem solves withstaff, physicians, patients, families, and
* Takes assigned call as defined in unit policy.
* Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e.,emptying drainage
devices, ambulating, and hygiene).
* Assists with clerical duties (i.e., maintenanceof chart, patient
record, and answering phones and call lights).
* Maintains patient care supplies, equipment, andenvironment.
* Provides orientation/education for staff,students, and other
hospital and community organizations as requested.
The above statements reflect the general details considered
necessaryto describe the essential functions of the job as
identified but should not beconsidered a detailed description of
all work requirements that may be neededto perform the duties of
this position. Must have ability to maintain skills and perform
tasks required for theposition as outlined in the list of
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Possession of a current or compact state licenseas a Registered
Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
* BSN preferred.
* Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter -Child and/or Dependent
Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
* Basic Life Support certified within six (6)weeks of hire.
Acceptable credentialingbodies and certifications include American
Red Cross CPR/AED for theProfessional Rescuer and American Heart
Association Basic Life Support.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support certified withinnine (9) months of
hire, if required by your department.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our
faith-based health system.
* Requisition ID: 2019-R0262289
* Schedule: Full-time
* Market: Mercy Medical Center
Keywords: Mercy Medical Center, Des Moines , RN Flex- Pediatric Flex Team FT .9 (Day/Night), Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!