Professional Coding Consultant Senior I-Medical Group
Company: Intermountain Healthcare
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Professional Coding Consultant Senior I-Medical Group Employee
Service Center Job Description:Provides intermediate-level
expertise in the areas of national physician code sets, insurance
reimbursement, coding compliance issues, and internal coding
policies, procedures, and processes, to employed and contracted
Intermountain primary care physicians, advanced practice clinicians
(APC), their managers, and staff.Scope
The Professional Coding Consultant, Senior I is responsible for
providing general expertise in the areas of national physician code
sets, reimbursement, and coding compliance to Intermountain primary
care physicians, APC's, and staff, through work in the pre-bill
portion of the clinical documentation and coding review and
education process. This position is responsible for pre-billing
reviews, education processes, and all types of training within
primary care and other specialties.
1. Provides prospective (pre-billing) coding reviews to
Intermountain providers and staff.
2. Develops and presents prepared single specialty technical and
process-based clinical documentation and coding education for
providers, managers and staff.
3. Actively participates in resolving questions from the Medical
Group Coding Helpline for assigned specialties.
4. Supports higher-level consultants and managers in their
responsibilities and acts as an overflow in support of other
departmental processes and functions as assigned.
5. Effectively manages assigned area(s) or responsibility and
6. Continually develops understanding and correct application of
general ICD and CPT guidelines.
7. Maintains subject-matter expertise and educates providers and
8. Support all internal (Professional Coding and Reimbursement)
departmental functions and processes.Additional Details: Entry
Rate: $27.81Location: Vine Street Building - 383 W. Vine St, Murray
(near Intermountain Medical Center)
- Associates Degree in a related field such as Business
Administration, Health Care Administration, Health Administration
Services, Public Health, and one year of professional level
consulting experience. Degree must be obtained through an
accredited institution. Education is verified.
- - or -
- Four years of experience as a trainer, educator, or
- Experience with calendaring, email, word processing, and
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication and
- Proven strong work ethic and commitment to building
relationships and working with others.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- CPC or equivalent national professional coding
- Two years of experience in coding and auditing.
- Functional knowledge of general medical terminology, medical
acronyms, anatomy, and physiology.
- Understanding of the medical environment and general processes
and procedures employed by clinics in general that affect and
associate with clinical documentation and coding.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and EDW systems.
- Internal Professional Coding and Reimbursement department
- Understanding of, and experience in, Professional Coding and
Reimbursement department internal policies, procedures, and
- Experience with Professional Coding and Reimbursement
department tools, databases, and reports.
--Physical Requirements:Interact with others requiring the employee
to communicate information.
- and -
Operate computers and other equipment requiring the ability to move
fingers and hands.
- and -
See and read computer monitors and documents.
- and -
Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work
on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.Location:Employee
Service CenterWork City:MurrayWork State:UtahScheduled Weekly
Hours:40 Posted 5 Days Ago Full time R9459 About Us Being a part of
Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over
38,000 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled
with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our
mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible. Our
patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver. To find
out more about us, head to our career site here . ADA Statement:
Intermountain Healthcare strives to make the application process
accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding
the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
application process, please contact 1-800-843-7820 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org . This contact information is for
accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the
status of applications. Equal Opportunity Employer Intermountain
Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. The primary intent
of this job description is to set a fair and equitable rate of pay
for this classification. Only those key duties necessary for proper
job evaluation and/or labor market analysis have been included.
Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor. All positions
subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. Women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to
apply. Thanks for your interest in continuing your career with our
Keywords: Intermountain Healthcare, Des Moines , Professional Coding Consultant Senior I-Medical Group, Healthcare , Murray, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!