Company: Helena Industries, LLC
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Lab Supervisor oversees day-to-day tasks associated with the
quality of all raw materials, finished product and packaging used
or produced in order to meet the specifications and standards set
forth by Helena and its contract customers.The employee's primary
duty must be the performance of office or non-manual work directly
related to the management or general business operations of Helena
or Helena's customers. This also includes the exercise of
discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of
significance.What your day may look like
- Ensures the lab team is adequately trained to safely perform
all required job functions.
- Maintains competency records.
- Understands customer requirements.
- Organizes lab procedures, schedules and team members to provide
for meeting and exceeding customer requirements.
- Compiles and analyzes test information to determine operating
efficiency of processes and equipment.
- Diagnoses problems and malfunctions.
- Recommends measures to improve testing procedures, use of
equipment and needs for new equipment.
- Conducts research to develop custom procedures as needed,
working in conjunction with Quality Assurance Manager.
- Prepares analytical reports and maintains data on
- Provides lab-related customer service, troubleshooting and
problem solving to advance the Trusted Resource brand.
- Performs non-routine and advanced quality control tests.
- Analyzes and verifies sample tests performed by employees are
representative of final products.
- Maintains a clean work environment both inside and outside the
facility by using good housekeeping habits.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by leader.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.Education and
experience needed for this position
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Biology is required.
- Five years of laboratory experience using gas chromatograph and
- One year leadership experience is preferred.Other skills that
will help you succeed
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of operation and repair of gas chromatograph
- Analytical skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in hot or cold
- May be required to pass OSHA respirator physical.
- Available to work rotating shifts as scheduled including
weekends if needed.
- Available during off shifts and weekends for any lab-related
issues or questions.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to travel by various means.Being a leader at HelenaAt
Helena, we lead by example. Our leaders are expected to demonstrate
the same qualities that we value in our employees - integrity,
passion and accountability. When you become a leader at Helena, you
are not just overseeing a team of people, you are inspiring and
empowering those around you to be better each day. And when our
leaders do that, success comes naturally.In this leadership role,
you may be responsible for leading some or all of the following
positions: Quality Line Inspector, Quality Assurance Technician and
Quality Improvement Specialist. This includes carrying out
leadership responsibilities such as interviewing, hiring, training
and coaching employees; planning, assigning and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees and
addressing complaints and resolving problems by following all of
Helena's policies, procedures and applicable laws.Your work
environment and the physical aspects of the jobThere are potential
hazards associated with any chemical manufacturing business but at
Helena Industries safety is our highest priority. We seek out
extensive safety measures including engineered solutions and
personal protective equipment and put them in place to minimize
exposure to anything that could potentially be harmful to our
employees.The work environment for this position is that of a
typical plant environment where the noise level is usually moderate
to loud. In this position, you will regularly work near moving
equipment/mechanical parts and could be exposed to fumes, airborne
particles, chemical and biological hazards, vibrations and a risk
of electrical shock. This position requires you to use your hands
for many different tasks and to talk, hear, walk, stand and sit.
You may be occasionally required to lift or move up to 50
pounds.Lab and office positions at the plant would only have
occasional exposure if they must go out into the plant.Who we
areHelena Industries has provided formulations and packaging
solutions for companies around the world for over 60 years. As one
of the largest chemical toll manufacturer's and service companies
in the U.S., we set the bar for the industry in ensuring the safety
of our clients' technology, brand and assets with integrity and
pride.Helena is a special place to beAt Helena, we are family. Our
employees take care of each other and support each other at work
and in their personal life. Our family-like atmosphere creates a
positive work environment that allows our employees to be
high-performers because they feel comfort and compassion from their
leader and team.Our family-like culture is centered on our
employees who embody our core values which we refer to as
R.A.P.I.D.S. - Responsive, Attitude, Proactive, Integrity,
Dependability and Safety. At Helena Industries, you will find
transparent and open communication. We care about our employees and
value their opinions. We appreciate that our employees want to
understand their contribution to the company's mission, that they
take ownership of their responsibilities and then are trusted to
perform.At Helena Industries, you will find recognition for hard
work and positive reinforcement through excellent benefits,
competitive pay and daily workplace interactions.Helena's
commitment to diversity and inclusionAt Helena, we are committed to
creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where all our
employees feel safe, valued and have the opportunity to succeed. We
embrace different backgrounds and human experiences because our
customers are also diverse. When we all show deep appreciation for
each other and our customers it builds trust that strengthens
Helena and keeps us competitive.Helena supports individuals with
disabilities and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform job
responsibilities.Stay connected to HelenaFor the latest job
postings and company news, visit us at
https://helenaagri.com/careers.Helena is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Helena Industries, LLC, Des Moines , Lab Supervisor, Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!