Caregiver -(Up to $16/hour)
Company: Independence Village
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:Caregiver (Up to $16/hour)Independence Village of
WaukeePass the state mandated Medication Course and receive an
additional $1 per hour!Employee Referral Bonus - $1,500! Both the
referral and the employee who is referred will receive this!Please
click the link to learn more of what it means to be a caregiver
with us!Position Summary:As a Caregiver you are responsible for
providing caring and personalized assistance for residents living
in our community.Required Experience for Caregiver:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous Healthcare, Geriatrics or experience working with the
elderly population preferred.
- Ability to adjust to many types of personalities and
- Must have aptitude for dementia-related situations.
- Realization that incompetence and errors may have serious
consequences for residents.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm
as well as be willing to assist residents based on what cognitive
level they are experiencing.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a TB clearance.Accountabilities for Caregiver:
- Timely & Accountable Attendance: Upholding to work schedules,
being ready to start work on time, remaining on the job for the
whole duration of shift and limited use of time off.
- 1440 Care for residents: Understanding and leading our 1440
care standards so you and your team ensure that each resident and
each family has their needs met.
- Communicate resident changes immediately: Providing timely and
detailed information to your Wellness Leader regarding any changes
to a resident's needs or care.
- Responsible communication with families: Communicating messages
tactfully and timely with resident's families and ensuring the
message has been received and correctly understood.
- Build strong community relationships: With Wellness and
community peers, with families, residents and
Leaders.Responsibilities for Caregiver:
- Actively supports our culture - our pillars and 1440.
- Administer nursing care according to physician's orders,
established standards and administrative policies under the
supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Observe, report, and document symptoms and conditions of
- Visit residents periodically and verify care is being
- Take and record temperature, pulse, respiration, blood
pressure, and finger-stick blood sugars.
- Assist licensed nurse in recording residents' intake and
- Help maintain the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical
safety of each resident adhering to the standards of Resident
- Document important events on the 24-hour report.
- Assist with activities of daily living as necessary.
- Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures
for identifying the spiritual, social, recreational, emotional, and
daily needs of the residents.
- Participate in community planning for the interests of the
community, services and needs of residents and families.
- Interview residents/families as necessary and in a private
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing
necessary forms, charge slips, reports etc., and submitting to the
- Encourage the social development of each resident.
- Record and maintain activity attendance sheets and functional
- Maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and
positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment.
- Assist each resident with their ever-changing needs due to
cognitive & physical loss.
- Report all incidents/accidents immediately.
- Report all unsafe/hazardous conditions/equipment
- Ensure the established safety regulations are always
- Perform Housekeeping duties as directed by the Program
Director.General Working Conditions:This position entails standing
for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is required to communicate effectively with others,
sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone,
paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee must be
able to read, write, and speak fluent English. The employee is
occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and push/pull
equipment frequently. The employee is expected to possess good
organization skills, with the ability to work under pressure and
meet deadlines. The employee must be compassionate and empathetic.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The employee may frequently bend, reach, grasp, and climb. The
employee may need to squat and kneel. The work environment requires
appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work
environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations
may be required.#IVINDServing is our Business:Connecting Seniors,
Families and CommunitiesOur senior living communities have over 35
years of experience working and living with seniors creating a deep
understanding of their unique needs and desires. It's this
combination of technology, understanding, appreciation, and
commitment that sets us apart and makes our culture so special for
both our employees and our residents. Everyone in our communities
commits to appreciating our residents as individuals who deserve to
shine, every day.Not Just Making Every Day Great. Making Every
Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in every single day. We
aspire to make each one of them an exceptional moment. This
philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars:
Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back
& Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational yet unattainable
goal of creating the absolute best experience with every person, in
every interaction, every minute of every day.It begins with
empowering our employees. Every employee, at every level of the
company, is expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is
encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other above
everything else. No one here just "does their job" The mission is
to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting
people first has helped us successfully grow for the right
reasons.We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers,
adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career
opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true
happiness is only found in the service of others. We want
high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat
each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the
biggest ideas.If you love serving others, and are looking for an
opportunity to thrive, CommonSail Investment Group and our
businesses is your destination.This classification description is
intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work
difficulty that are required of positions given this title and
should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not
intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor
to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under
her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or
illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not
mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.Equal
Opportunity EmployerClick on glassdoor to see our employee
Keywords: Independence Village, Des Moines , Caregiver -(Up to $16/hour), Healthcare , Waukee, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!