RN Supervisor Labor Delivery
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 15, 2022
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health
Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites
across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and
virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out
of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never
before. Our communities need caring and our families need
protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed
to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor
and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both
inside our hospitals and out in the community.
- Develops and maintains departmental staffing plan for all
departments supervised, detailing appropriate employee
classifications and qualifications consistent with the department's
operational plan, projected volumes, patient/acuity and other
relevant indicators. Participates in human resource planning
providing recommendations for staffing, proactive recruitment and
long-term needs. Assures compliance with staffing plan.
- Manages daily unit/department operations, unit/department
personnel, and interdepartmental activities.
- Provides orientation/education for staff and students to ensure
assigned patients have a positive care experience.
- Monitors and reviews staff performance, completes annual
performance appraisals, and handles disciplinary action when
- Directs staff in the delivery of safe and effective patient
- Administers nursing care to patients; includes assessment,
planning, implementing and evaluating the patient's care plan in
coordination with the physician.
- Provides input on interviewing and hiring of personnel for the
- Possession of a current or compact state license as a
Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required, or actively in pursuit
of BSN degree (accepted into a BSN Program and/or currently
enrolled). Expected to take at least six credits per year at Unit
Director's discretion for exception.
- 12 months of RN experience required. 24 months preferred.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter - Child and/or
Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified
or obtained within three (3) months of hire. Acceptable
credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, Des Moines , RN Supervisor Labor Delivery, Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!