Nurse - Weekdays - Medical Group Home
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Description $3000 Hiring Bonus! Our nurse wages have been
increased to be 10% -above market- very competitive! - -This
position is eligible for up to $10,500 of tax free loan repayment,
dispersed over 18 months. -As a nurse -in this home, you will
provide professional nursing services to the residents, assisting
with personal care and skill development as needed. -In this home
environment, the ratios are low and you can participate in fun
activities with the young adults that help them live a GREAT
- 6am - 6pm, weekdays
- Every third weekendChildServe -offers a -RN Residency Program
-to support the transition to practice for RNs who have graduated
from a nursing program within the past 12 months. -If you are hired
for a position with our Medical Home, you are strongly encouraged
to enroll in the RN Residency. -The residency is a combination of
online lectures and discussions, a hands-on skills practice, and an
evidence-based project all supported by monthly meetings with a
Clinical Learning & Development Specialist.What You'll Do
- Within the nursing scope of practice, physician's orders, and
the resident's care plan, makes decisions and delivers a full range
of nursing care based on the fundamentals of the nursing process
and maintains accurate, completed, and timely records as defined by
nursing standards of practice and ChildServe -policies and
- Provides nursing oversight of the medical care delivered by
RA/CMA and training to resident, families, and staff as needed to
help advance the skills and knowledge of all people associated with
a resident's care delivery.
- Communicates effectively, respectfully, and professionally with
residents, physicians, families, school personnel, ChildServe
-staff, and others to assure assigned resident's care needs are
assessed, communicated, and met. Communication style establishes
and maintains positive relationships.
- Assists the residents in becoming as independent as possible in
personal cares, preparing meals, caring for the household, and
other life skills areas.
- Interacts with coworkers based on mutual respect and trust and
establishes and maintains positive interpersonal relationships with
colleagues, supervisors, and ChildServeWhat You'll Need
- Current RN or LPN licensure to practice in the state of
- Documentation of current CPR/BLS certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in (or through) reading,
writing and speaking the English language
- Must be willing to obtain chauffeurs license
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs, be mobile within the assigned
work area, and frequently bend, lift, reach, and stand.
- This position may be subject to COVID-19 safety requirements.
If applicable, specific requirements will be discussed during the
interview processWhy ChildServe?ChildServe -has earned the title of
Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here's why employees love
- Our work matters. -We partner with families to help children
with special healthcare needs live a -great
- We're not your average non-profit. -We serve 5,200 children
each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames,
Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are
- Our team members rock. -Our teams are filled with people who
care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is
key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to
innovation, we're proud to help many team members gain new
certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to
the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career
right here at ChildServe.
- We're -moving forward together. Experts across multiple
disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you've made a difference for
kids and families? Let's move Forward Together - apply
today!ChildServe -is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: childserve, Des Moines , Nurse - Weekdays - Medical Group Home, Healthcare , Johnston, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!