RN Scheduler Interventional Radiology
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Med Ctr
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: May 16, 2022
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical
centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and
two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's Hospital in Des
Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds
total) - along with more than 20 additional facilities that house
more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty
clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central
Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines
and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more
than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000
physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a
member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a
collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health - two
of the country's foremost not-for-profit Catholic health
organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and
- Schedules procedures for Medical Imaging, obtaining all
pertinent information from person scheduling.
- Responsible for obtaining complete and accurate clinical
demographic and financial information during the scheduling
process. Enters data in the scheduling system and provides the
customer with prep and other appointment instructions.
- Follows guidelines for special requests/Stat/ Schedule
modification and coordinates communication with clinical
- Notifies the customer of the provider's order if
pre-authorization or other financial clearance requirements are
- Communicates appropriately with physicians, offices, staff and
other hospital departments..
- Maintains a good working relationship with customers including
referring offices, insurance companies and patients.
- Professionally responds quickly to requests and maintains
control of a conversation.
- Communicates with managers or designated staff regarding
equipment conflicts, special needs, etc.
- Maintains ongoing technical expertise with the Medical Imaging
computer systems including but not limited to RIS, PACS and the
- Identifies opportunities to improve the patient relations and
shorten the time it takes to handle the scheduling process.
- This position requires a high level of problem solving and
analytical skills, technical accuracy and advance understanding of
the procedures performed in Medical Imaging
- Possession of a current or compact state license as a
Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire.
Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American
Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart
Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training
specific to the population served within three (3) months of
- Computer experience and a knowledge of medical terminology
preferred. One-year experience in the healthcare field using
medical terminology and/or insurance codes preferred.
- Demonstrated positive communication skills.
- Ability to speak, read and write English
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Med Ctr, Des Moines , RN Scheduler Interventional Radiology, Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!