Team RN - Registered Nurse
Company: Primary Health Care Inc
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: May 16, 2022
**This position is eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus. See
details in the Compensation & Benefits section of this
posting.**Job SummaryThe Team RN provides nursing care for patients
and leadership for the care team support staff. Assesses, plans,
directs and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients, as
determined by the patient's physical, psychosocial, and cultural
needs in accordance with established standards through the Iowa
Board of Nursing and PHC policies and procedures. Performs work
with special consideration for patient safety and infection control
policies and procedures. Works collaboratively with a
multidisciplinary team to welcome patients to a safe and inclusive
environment and to engage patients in holistic care.
- Provides leadership to the care team to ensure efficient
patient flow and completion of daily tasks. Assigns care team
members in accordance with patient needs and staff capabilities and
qualifications to meet the needs of the clinic. Participates in
performance management of the care team support staff. (Care team
- Provides population health management for empaneled patients to
assist with the chronic care management and addressing gaps in
care. (Population health management)
- Performs quality assurance reviews for life safety
controls/tasks and duties assigned to clinical support staff.
- Triages patients in-person or on the phone according to
established protocol. (Patient triage)
- Coordinates the patient medication management ensuring
comprehensive medication reconciliation, appropriate patient
education, and that medication refills are completed per standing
orders. (Medication refills)
- Documents patient care accurately and timely in the electronic
health record. (Clinical documentation)
- Assists clinical support staff as needed, including but not
limited to, facilitating patient rooming and intake, obtaining
vital signs; performing point-of-care, lab, and diagnostic testing
per orders; administering medications, immunizations, and
treatments per orders, completing prior authorizations and
referrals to ensure efficient care team workflow. (Vital signs and
- Serves as a patient advocate, resource, and point-of-contact
for patients through the continuum of care. Provides care
management of patients defined by the health center as high risk
and/or needing education.
- Performs pre-cleaning and transport of contaminated instruments
per infection control policies and procedures.
Minimum QualificationsEducation: Completion of an accredited RN
program accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing for
licensureExperience: Two years of RN experienceFor internal
candidates, LPN experience may be substituted for part of the RN
experience requirement at leadership
- Current RN license recognized by the State of Iowa Board of
- Current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Current Mandatory Reporter Certification approved for the State
- Must be obtained within Introductory Period if not current
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective English communication skills, written and
- Knowledgeable of nursing care regulations and practices
established by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- Demonstrates competency of required nursing skills.
- Contributes to a team approach to care.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Accurate and efficient typing skills.
- Efficiently performs basic computer functions.
- Demonstrates competency using electronic health record.
- Demonstrates attention to detail in work.
- Prioritizes assigned work.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
a diverse group of individuals.
- Interacts with others in an empathetic manner while maintaining
- Remains calm and works through difficult interactions.
- Effectively resolves problems.
- Utilizes universal precautions in patient care. Other Job
Requirements: NonePreferred QualificationsEducation: Bachelors of
Science in NursingExperience: Work experience in a community health
center, in a leadership role, or in an intensive care unit, a
medical/surgical unit, or with pediatric or obstetrical
careLicense/Certifications: NoneKnowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written, in
Typical Work HoursThis position typically works 40 hours per week:
- Monday 8 AM - 5 PM*
- Tuesday 8 AM - 5 PM*
- Wednesday 8 AM - 8 PM
- Thursday 8 AM - 5 PM*
- Friday 8 AM - 5 PM
- Will work a half day Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday. Schedule may
change based on clinic needs.Compensation & BenefitsCompensation is
dependent on education and experience.PHC offers a comprehensive
benefits package, including:
- $2,000 sign-on bonus ($1000 at hire, $500 at 6 months, $500 at
1 year). Internal candidates are not eligible for sign-on
- Qualified individuals are eligible for up to a $500 quarterly
retention bonus as part of special funding through the American
Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Bonuses are time limited through the Spring
- Generous PTO accrual (equal to 4 weeks at end of 1st year) plus
- License/certification fee reimbursement
- Paid time off for continuing education & continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement program
- 401k with company match
- Medical insurance - PHC Pays, on average, 80% of medical
premiums for all plan types (employee, employee + family,
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible spending & health savings accounts
- Supplemental accident & critical illness insurance
- Discounts on pet insuranceVisit www.phciowa.org/careers for a
summary of PHC's benefits.
Keywords: Primary Health Care Inc, Des Moines , Team RN - Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!