Company: UnityPoint Health
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: May 16, 2022
$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Provides nursing care for patients, participates in patient /family
teaching, and provides leadership by working cooperatively with all
other members of the Radiology Staff. Performs a variety of
technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity,
and initiative to apply nursing care when it is needed. The primary
goal of UnityPoint Health - Des Moines is to provide the best
possible health care to the sick and the injured. Nursing
procedures performed by the Radiology Nurse contribute directly
toward this goal.
Why UnityPoint Health?
* Commitment to our Team - We've been named a Top 150 Place to Work
in Healthcare 2022 by Becker's Healthcare for our commitment to our
* Culture - At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career
and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and
unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we
* Benefits - Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits
options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what
life stage you're in.
* Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment - We're committed to
ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race,
gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
* Development - We believe equipping you with support and
development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a
remarkable employment experience.
* Community Involvement - Be an essential part of our core
purpose-to improve the health of the people and communities we
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team
members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
* Provides and coordinates nursing care to patients utilizing the
* Consistently utilizes a holistic approach(considering physical,
psych/social, spiritual, educational safety and related criteria)
appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned
* Provides proper explanation of procedures to patients, their
families, and others as needed to insure the patients understanding
of the procedure to be performed.
* Collaborates with physicians and other professionals in planning
and implementing care within
hospital policy and legal limitations.
* Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination
while assisting Physicians with procedures and treatment that
require professional nursing skills.
* Assists in the transfer of critically ill patients, cares for
emergency room, or ICU patients when staffing allows.
* Demonstrates skill in using monitors, infusion pumps, pacemakers,
oxygen equipment, and respirators.
* Informs and prepares patients and family for special procedures.
Does patient teaching.
* Cooperates with all personnel in the proper conduct of the
Radiology Department. Covers call and rotates shifts to insure
proper coverage of Radiology.
* Administer medications for pre-op, sedation, or pain relief and
monitors patient condition as ordered. Initiates appropriate
intervention for contrast reaction, hypotensive episodes, and codes
* Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer
* Balances team and individual responsibilities, objective and open
to other's views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to
positive team goals, puts success of team above own interest.
* Performs adult/pediatric urinary catheterization as required.
* Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service
by striving to exceed customer expectations.
* Integrates and demonstrates FOCUS values and Expectations for
Personal and Service Excellence to guide professional behaviors,
while adhering to the policies and procedures of UnityPoint Health
- Des Moines.
* Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and
objective to other's views; give and welcome feedback; contribute
to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own
* Practice reflects knowledge of HIPAA, DNV, DIA, OSHA and other
federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
* Demonstrates the ability to meet the department work
* Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a
priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and
reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential
functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the
Graduate of accredited nursing program
1 year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical
critical care experience, ER experience, or procedural
Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered
Nurse in Iowa.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS),
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life
Support (PALS) certifications or obtain certifications within six
(6) months from date of hire.
Valid driver's license when driving any vehicle for work-related
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office - basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential
functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May
drive a UPH vehicle, rental or own vehicle.
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Des Moines , RN Acute-Radiology-Methodist, Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!