RN - Weekdays Overnight - Rehabilitation
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Description$5000 hiring bonus!As a RN in our new Rehabilitation
Unit, -you will join a team of caring co-workers with a mission of
providing needed services to children. Our nursing staff rates the
culture, their co-workers and the kids as their WHY for continuing
to work at ChildServe.Nurse -wages have been increased to be 10%
-above market. -Apply today! -
ChildServe's Pediatric Inpatient Rehabilitation Medicine program is
Iowa's only comprehensive -rehabilitation program designed
exclusively for children and teens. Our pediatric rehab specialists
provide -expert medical care and intensive therapy, as well as
adaptive equipment and recreational activities. -ChildServe's new,
state-of-the-art facility features advanced technology to help
children of all ages improve -their health and function. As health
and independence goals are met, we support families by coordinating
-with schools and outpatient or community services for a smooth
6:00pm - 6:30am, three days per week, every third weekend and
What Youll Do
- Within the nursing scope of practice, physician's orders, and
the patient's care plan, make decisions and deliver a full range of
nursing care based on the fundamentals of the nursing process.
- Maintain accurate, completed, and timely records as defined by
nursing standards of practice and ChildServe -policies and
- Communicate effectively, respectfully, and professionally with
patients, physicians, families, school personnel, ChildServe
-staff, and others to assure assigned child's care needs are
assessed, communicated, and met. -
- (RN) Provide oversight of the care delivered by Licensed
Practical Nurses and paraprofessionals.
- Provide training to children, families, and staff, as needed to
help advance the skills and knowledge of all people associated with
a child's care delivery.
- Demonstrate good stewardship of ChildServe -equipment,
supplies, and environment.
- Complete other duties as assignedWhat Youll Need
- Current valid license as a RN in Iowa
- Preferred: 1 -year of nursing experience in pediatrics,
rehabilitation and/or with children with complex medical
- Preferred:Specialty nursing certifications (CPN, CBIS,
- Documentation of current CPR/BLS certification
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, be mobile within the clinic
areas, and frequently bend, lift, reach, and stand.
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing and
speaking the English language.
- Some positions are required to follow CMS and/or OHSA federal
vaccine mandates. Both mandates are currently on hold and neither
COVID-19 vaccination, nor weekly testing are required for any
positions at this time. ChildServe strongly recommends COVID-19
vaccinations.Why ChildServe?ChildServe -has earned the title of Top
Workplace every year since 2014. Here's why employees love working
- Our work matters. -We partner with families to help children
with special healthcare needs live a -greatlife.
- We're not your average non-profit. -We serve 5,200 children
each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames,
Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are
- Our team members rock. -Our teams are filled with people who
care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is
key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to
innovation, we're proud to help many team members gain new
certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to
the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career
right here at ChildServe.
- We'removing forward together. Experts across multiple
disciplines work together to help kids get the best care
possible.Ready to leave work every day knowing you've made a
difference for kids and families? Let's move Forward Together -
ChildServe -is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: childserve, Des Moines , RN - Weekdays Overnight - Rehabilitation, Healthcare , Mitchellville, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!