RN/LPN - PRN (flexible hours) - Weekdays (7am - 6pm) - Medical Childcare
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Description We're looking for a -PRN -RN or LPN for our Medical
Childcare. This role will provide support to children ages -6 weeks
to 21 years of age with a variety of health care needs. This person
will work in our -Medical Childcare program and -provide
exceptional nursing care, support health, skill development, and
retention. Enjoy caring for and playing with the children in a fun
team environment!ScheduleHours available Monday - Friday, 7am -
6pm. What You'll Do
- Provide full range of nursing services that include
administration of medications, feedings, and treatments to meet
each child's daily care needs.
- Perform ongoing assessments as needed.
- Assist with creation or recertification of care plans as
requested, RN only.
- Implement child's care plan include nursing, therapy, and
behavior support, conducting baselines, support plans and
- Monitor children's response to care.
- Coordinate care with interdisciplinary team to ensure health
and safety needs are addressed.
- Assist the clients in becoming as independent as possible
through skill development and retention.
- Assist the clients with comfort measures including but not
limited to positioning and safety devices.
- Direct responsibility for clients assigned.
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely records.
- Report and document daily observations, routine support
provided, and any health/physical/behavioral changes.
- Communicate with clients, licensed professionals, ChildServe
-personnel, families, schools, and the public, in a courteous and
professional manner.What You'll Need
- Current valid license as a Registered Nurse or Licensed
Practical Nurse in Iowa.
- Must have a current or obtain CPR certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing, and
speaking the English language.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs, be mobile within the assigned
work area, and frequently bend, lift, reach, and stand.
- This position may be subject to COVID-19 safety requirements.
If applicable, specific requirements will be discussed during the
interview process.Why ChildServe?ChildServe -has earned the title
of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here's why employees love
- Our work matters. -We partner with families to help children
with special healthcare needs live a -great -
- We're not your average non-profit. -We serve 5,200 children
each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames,
Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are
- Our team members rock. -Our teams are filled with people who
care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is
key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to
innovation, we're proud to help many team members gain new
certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to
the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career
right here at ChildServe.
- We're -moving forward together. Experts across multiple
disciplines work together to help kids get the best care
possible.Ready to leave work every day knowing you've made a
difference for kids and families? Let's move Forward Together -
apply today!ChildServe -is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: childserve, Des Moines , RN/LPN - PRN (flexible hours) - Weekdays (7am - 6pm) - Medical Childcare, Healthcare , Johnston, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!