RN Ortho Trauma
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Med Ctr
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: June 25, 2022
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical
centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and
two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's Hospital in Des
Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds
total) - along with more than 20 additional facilities that house
more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty
clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central
Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines
and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more
than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000
physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a
member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a
collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health - two
of the country's foremost not-for-profit Catholic health
organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and
Job Summary / PurposeProvides individualized, high-quality nursing
care to patients of all ages. Uses a team approach to delegate and
coordinate patient care at admission, transfer, and discharge.
Independently delivers nursing care using the Nurse Practice Act,
Mercy Medical Center policies, nursing standards, ethical
principles, and professional judgment. Works rotating shifts,
weekends, and holidays as scheduled.Essential Key Job
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring
- Practices safe patient handling techniques.
- Continues to evaluate assigned patients and provides ongoing
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to educational and
emotional needs of patients and families.
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e. Patient Care
Technicians) in caring for patients.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment setup, maintenance, and use
(i.e. IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices).
Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms
whenever available to maximize patient safety.
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e. cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e., emptying drainage
devices, ambulating, and hygiene).
- Possession of a current or compact state licensure as a
registered nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter - Child and/or
Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for
Healthcare Providers certified within six (6) weeks of hire.
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Med Ctr, Des Moines , RN Ortho Trauma, Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!