Travel Nurse RN - Progressive Care Unit - $2,495 per week
Company: Oloop Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Oloop Health is seeking a travel nurse RN Progressive Care Unit
for a travel nursing job in Newton, Iowa.Job Description &
- Specialty: Progressive Care Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 13 weeks
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12.5 hours, nights
- Employment Type: Travel POSITION SUMMARY: The registered nurse
plans and provides professional nursing care to the patient from
admission to discharge.--He/She coordinates care with other
disciplines, consults with the family or significant others and
collaborates with the physician on the patient's behalf.--The RN
assesses implements and evaluates nursing care.--The Special Care
Unit registered nurse plans and provides care to patients in a 4
bed cardio-respiratory monitored unit.--The SCU cares for medical
and surgical patients with a variety of diagnosis including but not
limited to, congestive heart failure, cardiac arrhythmias,
pneumonia, diabetes, COPD, abdominal surgeries and minor
trauma.--The patients of the SCU require continuous telemetry
monitoring and nurse ratio of 1:2 to meet their healthcare needs.
EDUCATION:----Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
EXPERIENCE:----Nursing experience in a hospital setting
preferred.--Critical Care or Telemetry experience preferred.
LICENSURE:----Current license as a Registered Nurse from the State
of Iowa required.
- Understands and is able to apply the nursing process.
- Must be able to read, write and follow written and oral
instructions in English.
- Skilled in meeting the growth and development needs of infant,
child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient groups.
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of cognitive, physical,
emotional, and chronological maturation processes of these patient
- Maintains BCLS certification and ACLS certification at health
care provider level. Completion of basic cardiac arrhythmia class
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administers nursing care to patients; includes assessment,
planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient's car plan in
coordination with the physician.
- Provides patient/family or caregiver education and counseling
in recognition and solution of physical, emotional, and
environmental health problems.
- Supervises health care members (i.e., patient care technicians,
etc.) with patients.
- Utilizes computer applications and communication technologies
appropriate to the work setting to enter, retrieve, and analyze
information and to facilitate communication and education.
- Maintains knowledge of documentation requirements needed for
- Works independently with limited direct supervision using the
Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center policies, nursing
standards, and professional judgement.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use
(i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage
devices).--Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and
monitor alarms whenever available to maximize patient safety.
- Works rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Takes assigned call as defined in unit policy.
- --Adheres to standards of care for respective nursing units and
utilizes the nursing process.
- --Demonstrates nursing knowledge and judgement concerning
patient care delivery.
- --Demonstrates ability to establish priorities and organize
- --Demonstrates competence in the clinical practice area.
- ----Assumes responsibility for own professional growth and
- ----Demonstrates professional written and verbal skills.
- ----Demonstrates professional attitude and interest in work by
maintaining acceptable work habits and behavior.
- ----Demonstrates knowledge and participates in the education of
patients, relatives, and/or visitors.
- ----Demonstrates commitment to Customer Service.
- ----Attends 85% of unit meetings, reads 100% of unit meeting
notes, attends 90% of Town Hall meetings, and all Mandatory
In-services.EQUIPMENT USED: General nursing equipment such as, but
not limited to, catheters, Accuchek, dressing cart, suction
machine, oxygen equipment, IV tubing, IV bags, thermometers,
sphygmomanometers, wheelchairs, scales, commodes, roller boards,
Hoyer lift, IV poles, IV infusion pumps, restraints, beds, PCA
pumps, telephone, intercom, fax, charts, computers, paper
supplies.--Space lab cardiac monitor and hemodynamic monitoring
equipment which includes swan ganz catheters, arterial lines and
central venous lines, pleurovacs for chest tubes, temporary
pacemakers (internal and external), mechanical ventilators and Zoll
portable cardiac monitor, defibrillator and pacemaker.-- The above
is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for
this job.--It is not intended to be a complete statement of
duties.Oloop Technology Job ID #223363. Pay package is based on
12.5 hour shifts and 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation)
with tax-free stipend amount to be determined.About Oloop HealthAs
a traveling health professional, your skills and experience are
vital to patient care across the country. Oloop wants to help you
reach your goals-for new and returning travelers alike. Our team is
passionate about relationships and teaming with nurses as trusted
partners, not headhunters.--
We are consistently forging relationships with leading hospitals
and healthcare organizations. That means opportunities for
travelers abound. But at our core, we believe in the same mission
as you-saving lives and restoring the nation's health. We are
devoted to supporting our healthcare providers through every step
of their journey while placing them in roles that are personally
rewarding and professionally enriching. Every company will claim to
be different. We simply adhere to values that we hold dear:
inclusion, a culture of caring, advocacy, and helping America's
healthcare professionals thrive. Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k retirement plan
- Mileage reimbursement
- Referral bonus
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- License and certification reimbursement
- Life insurance
Keywords: Oloop Health, Des Moines , Travel Nurse RN - Progressive Care Unit - $2,495 per week, Healthcare , Newton, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!