Inpatient RN Supervisor - Weekends - Long-term Care
Location: Dallas Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Description$10,000 Hiring Bonus! The -Inpatient Unit Supervisor
role will -be responsible for ensuring care and staff related
outcomes are met in the pediatric long term care unit. This leader
will also ensure compliance with internal and external policies,
regulations, and accreditations for area of supervision. RN
ChildServe's Long-term Care program provides 24-7 residential
skilled nursing care in a family-focused environment. We care for
young adults who are unable to live at home due to their complex
medical -needs. Our intensive medical and nursing services support
young adults with a variety of conditions. Along -with expert
medical care, we provide onsite therapy and medical equipment
support to help each young adult live a full life.
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday full time exempt role
- Hours can be flexible, with willingness to be present through
shift changes, as needed
What Youll Do
- Supervise the team through effective hiring, training,
coaching, and performance management.
- Ensure development of staff to achieve high results.
- Promote engagement and satisfaction to drive retention.
- Collaborate with management team to identify opportunities for
- Ensure the development, revision and implementation of each
child's care plan and for achieving the goals established by the
care team, child and family.
- Ensure clinical care is implemented according to best practices
as defined by ChildServe policy and practice manuals.
- Implement and monitor unit-specific quality improvement
activities and initiatives.
- Ensure adequate availability of qualified staffed and that
individual performance is consistently evaluated.
- Effectively manage and resolve stakeholder concerns.
- Use effective communication that establishes and maintains
- May provide on-call back up support to the medical group
What Youll Need
- Licensure to practice as an RN in the State of Iowa, BSN
- Preferred 5 years of nursing experience in pediatrics,
rehabilitation and/or with children with complex medical
conditions. Specialty nursing certifications preferred (CPN, CBIS,
- Documentation of current CPR/BLS certification
- Ability to withstand exposure to the usual childhood diseases
and conditions associated with children with disabilities.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs, be mobile within the clinic
areas, and frequently bend, lift, reach, and stand.
- Ability to maneuver within the physical work environment with
some bending, stooping, reaching and light lifting.
- This position may be subject to COVID-19 safety requirements.
If applicable, specific requirements will be discussed during the
- Ability to communicate in English effectively for
understanding, in writing and verbally.Why ChildServe?ChildServehas
earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here's why
employees love working here:
- Our work matters.We partner with families to help children with
special healthcare needs live agreatlife.
- We're not your average non-profit.We serve 5,200 children each
year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des
Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are
- Our team members rock.Our teams are filled with people who care
about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to
providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to
innovation, we're proud to help many team members gain new
certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to
the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career
right here at ChildServe.
- We'removing forward together. Experts across multiple
disciplines work together to help kids get the best care
possible.Ready to leave work every day knowing you've made a
difference for kids and families? Let's move Forward Together -
ChildServe -is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: childserve, Des Moines , Inpatient RN Supervisor - Weekends - Long-term Care, Healthcare , Dallas Center, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!